Need some information on dfcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kla004

Hello everyone my name is kyle... I recently just had a 2 month old son.... Before my son was born me and my girlfriend has a pain pill problem and finally we decided to go to the hospital to get off of them just because the withdraws were so bad we realized that we needed help to get off the pills and my girlfriend was pregnant and wanted to get professional help... so the doctor told us that no real severe problems really occur and proscribed us with klopan to sleep off the withdraws... well we had been drug free for about a month later and my girlfriend went into birth giving birth to a beautiful baby boy no health problems healthy as an ox.... well she was drug tested and he was drug tested at the time right when he was born he passed all the drug tests and everything...and so did she... but right after she got released from the hospital about a week later there was a knock at the door and is was a woman from dfcs claiming that my baby and my girlfriend tested positive for oxycodone at the time of birth well we knew this was impossible because her doc said everything was negative.... well they told us we were going to have to take a 90 day hair sample... we told them that 60 days before the drug test we were using pain pills and thats why we went to the hospital to get off of them... we knew that before he was born we would fail just for the levels before we went to the hospital.... well we thought u know everything would be fine and they would close my case... we were scared but we tried to tell them she passed and he passed their drug tests in the hospital...the didnt beleive us or whatever and kept telling us they didnt.... so then a new case worker comes along while my girlfriend was here alone he called being all nice like he was coming by to discuss the results well he came by telling us we failed... we told him we would have failed before the hospital night and they just seemed to not care and they set up some drug assessment we had to go to so we went to the assessment and all and they said it would be another 10 days before dfacs got the results and all this... so today we r sitting here and the same woman came back from the hair sample again?? I dont get it so today we went to the hospital and we got all the drug screen records from my girlfriend and son and all of them were NEGATIVE for everything...we have them all right here... what is the best advice? Do I need to go against them? and what do i do?? I am in Cobb County Georgia by the way... somebody please give us some advice it seems that all they are doing is lying to us??

Please contact me privately. I have a great deal of experience with the Cobb County system and you are perilously close to having your child forcibly removed from your custody; unjustly I might add. If you send me a private message I will give you my personal email.

Jacksgal, I know legal advice is suppose to be given on the public boards but this is a very serious, very dangerous situation for this couple. I have personal knowledge of the players involved in Cobb County in particular and I need to talk to them privately if at all possible. Please allow it.

This is public board and posters do not know you or me from Adam. Legal advice comes from an Attorney not a website. Your taking this matter to private suggest that you know better than other posters is also takes posters from site. Last its an insult to others that you take this matter private but do so publically. Poster you are free to contact jharris if you wish but we cannot vouch for his claims or accuracy in answers. Legal advice comes from an Attorney you share an Attorney/Client relationship with no other!

Last edited:
Thanks Jacksgal. Juvenile cases like this are very secretive. I'm not in need of proving my ability here. I will help them find the proper attorney and help them get the advice they need. They are in serious need of that attorney, Ive been working juvenile law in Cobb County for MANY years. I think they can figure out my creditably for themselves.

Jacksgal,

Relax. Have some wine/liquor/beer and chill. . .

And you're saying this site doesn't give legal advice? What kind of advice does it give, then?

Read this its at bottom of each page

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Nothing you read on The Law forums should be considered a substitute for professional assistance, including legal advice. The only legal advice you should accept is from a licensed legal professional with whom you have an attorney-client relationship. The Law Forums are intended to empower the average person with the benefit of the shared experiences of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. Many of the posters are volunteers who may not have any legal training. The law may also vary in different states and jurisdictions from what you read here. All information and advice made available here is on an "AS-IS" basis. The Law Network, LLC does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any material you read here, including the qualifications or titles of any person posting.

Read this. I didn't ask you to warrant anything. Get off my back.

Guys... let's have some peace here!!! The bottom line is that everyone is just trying to do the right thing and helping. If that is the case, then we should have tolerance for the good will that is going around.

With regard to private messaging, I'll have to revisit policies here and it was turned off except for approved users for good reasons as you can imagine. I think that some of the challenge here is that jharris is a new user (welcome to the site) and we have many people who come here with the wrong intentions, making a few posts, and then advertising, unauthorized practice of law via private communication, etc. I don't think that's the case here and, perhaps the best thing to do is to see how the user feels about coming back to discuss what the OP can generally - most of the time I find that the story changes from the original post.

I'd like to thank Jacksgal for being diligent, doing great hard work here and spotting so many people who come here for the wrong reasons. Let's all lighten up. There are many posts to answer and I know I'm going to have a field day this weekend in the immigration section.

Man are you a diplomat! Thank you for your advice and concern. I was so concerned about this couple that I gave them my personal email and also my phone. After giving them some sound advice I directed them to immediately hire an attorney. I offered to catch the attorney up to speed with the players involved in their case.

Again thank you, this just happened to be very close to home and I was very concerned for the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back