Neighbor's Threats

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc123

Hi my name is Cecilia and my husband and I just moved into this apartment complex (where of we are renting). Everyone seems very nice and calm which is the reason we moved since our baby is due on December. However yesterday for Labor Day we went to a community BBQ to mingle and get to know the new neighbors. We had met a few before specially the person who had invited us to the BBQ. He is a very nice man when he is sober; he had been drinking since last night and was having a hard time keeping up a conversation, etc. He had been rough and insulted a few people, but we took as he is wasted and what can you do. Even when he called me knucklehead I just waived it off cause then he laugh looked at me and said you are so sweet, so I kept taking it as he is drunk and doesn't know what he is saying. Then a few other neighbors were talking with us speaking in Spanish, just as this guy had been speaking with his friends earlier in Samoan. Then he approached us so I pulled out of the conversation because I saw that he was pissed of not being included and I thought if he is drunk he might feel that we are talking about him in Spanish, so I told him what they were talking about and he laughed, but continue looking at them and said "this guys pss they don't know that I can pss pss (lifting his hand up and pointing it as a gun)" at that moment a kid had passed so I thought he was playing with the kid as if he was a cowboy or something. So another neighbor approached us and said that that was the way he was when he was drunk a big mouth. But later he called my husband and "Idiot", my husband just laughed it off and then the man called him over and he just went. But then he started to say I'm watching your back and I have friends that are killers and can bury you guys and you can't come and disrespect me and my friends, etc. My husband pulled away and he said that's ok man and threw his plate to the garbage since he was done eating. And he came over to the Spanish group once more the man wouldn't stop and continue insulting him so my husband said you know you are just drunk it's ok. But the man kept calling him names and insulting him so my husband said you know I'm going to call the police. So the man threw his glass of beer on the table and then told him I've got numbers too and blah. And then he disrespected his so called friend's wife "you know you you think you're so pretty, but…" "I'm sorry I don't speak English" said the lady and he said "yeah yeah you pss" (like she was lying to him) if the lady would have been closer to him he would have hit her, because he was very aggressive. So they called him off to another group of people that had been living at the complex for a longer time. We could hear him talking about the Spanish Speaking Group and my husband being disrespectful and all of that kind of lies. Later when the guy went to his apartment, the people that were talking with him came to say that they were sorry about this and that he is a good person but that he was just drunk. Today in the morning before I left to work I spoke with the manager so that she knew what had happened, and she said she is going to write a report about the incident and give him the report so that he changes his behavior, and that if it happens again or if the police has to be called in for him, he will be thrown out of the apartment complex. I am writing a letter for the manager so that she and we have a backup, but I would like to know which laws that have been broken can be included in my letter.
Thank you

Someone should have actually called the police instead of threatening it. Next time, don't threaten, do. If everything is true, he is guilty of disturbing the peace, drunk in public, terroristic threats (possibly), and I'm sure Cdw Java can come up with a few more if he sees this post. I'll send it to him.

Be careful with this guy.

Hi my name is Cecilia and my husband and I just moved into this apartment complex (where of we are renting).
What state do you live in? And was this area of the complex inside the center of the complex? Is the area or the complex open to the gneral public or is it fenced off or sealed away somehow?

But the man kept calling him names and insulting him so my husband said you know I'm going to call the police.
Calling someone names is not generally going to be a crime. If he were intoxicated to a level where he was unable to care for himself or others - or otherwise in violation of your un-named states laws - and in a place that might be considered "public" under the law, then he might be able to be arrested for public intoxication. If, however, this is private property under the law, and his actions were merely rude and crude, there may not be anything the police could do.

I am writing a letter for the manager so that she and we have a backup, but I would like to know which laws that have been broken can be included in my letter.
Thank you
Whether or not any laws were broken depends on your state and the location as outlined above.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back