Wrongly Evicted and now Landlord wants Me to Stay

G

Gibson73

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
Hello,
This is a Minnesota case, my landlord has evicted me and I am to be out on september first, if I am not out they will make the unlawful detainer visible which I asked as part of the "agreement" that it be made invisible that day in court.

About a week ago my landlord said that he does not want me to move and I can stay, he said he would goto the court and do something which I am not clear on exactly,. he also said he does not want me to go homeless as I had not found a place to move to yet.

I do not know if this is even possible to do. Can it be done through the court? If not, is there anything he could write on paper or something I could find and printout for him to sign to do this?

What is not clear is whether he has to file a WRIT to make this UD visible on me.
Also it is not clear if he or the court can make the UD visible if I have my living/life things out such as my bed, bathroom stuff, food etc. and no longer sleep here, but yet stuff is still behind which I plan on getting out within the allocated 28 days (I know you get this amount of time in the state of Minnesota to complete the move-out)

Thank you for any tips, I am not a dead beat, he was fully paid and I lived in uninhabitable conditions.. and there is more to this.

Hello,
This is a Minnesota case, my landlord has evicted me and I am to be out on september first, if I am not out they will make the unlawful detainer visible which I asked as part of the "agreement" that it be made invisible that day in court.

About a week ago my landlord said that he does not want me to move and I can stay, he said he would goto the court and do something which I am not clear on exactly,. he also said he does not want me to go homeless as I had not found a place to move to yet.

I do not know if this is even possible to do. Can it be done through the court? If not, is there anything he could write on paper or something I could find and printout for him to sign to do this?

What is not clear is whether he has to file a WRIT to make this UD visible on me.
Also it is not clear if he or the court can make the UD visible if I have my living/life things out such as my bed, bathroom stuff, food etc. and no longer sleep here, but yet stuff is still behind which I plan on getting out within the allocated 28 days (I know you get this amount of time in the state of Minnesota to complete the move-out)

Thank you for any tips, I am not a dead beat, he was fully paid and I lived in uninhabitable conditions.. and there is more to this.

In your state, yes, a landlord can petition the court to overturn the original decision.

That could end up allowing you to stay.

Many landlords in your state seem to have big hearts.

If I were you, I'd keep looking, but I'd keep hoping your landlord gets the court to change the eviction.

Stay in touch with the LL, ask him or her if you could attend the hearing to thank him or her and the judge.

That way you know if things are on the up and up.

For your own sake, if you get a second chance, don't mess it up.

I need more time, and according to

504B.205 RESIDENTIAL TENANT'S RIGHT TO SEEK POLICE AND EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE.
504B.205 - 2015 Minnesota Statutes

this is retaliation

504B.285 EVICTION ACTIONS; GROUNDS; RETALIATION DEFENSE; COMBINED ALLEGATIONS.
504B.285 - 2015 Minnesota Statutes

And I should be getting at a minimum 90 days to be out of the residence.

Army Judge these are getting close to the exact words I have seeked.
"petition the court to overturn the original decision"
Not even a legal advice by phone or (*Sigh*) this bogus defense that goes often by the name of "Legal Aid" around here that was in court with me will provide, heck!, that atty agency pretty much sided with the landlord and forced me into an agreement, would not allow me to enter evidence that would had been used in that court case or an appeal later on, nor would they tell me how long I have to appeal..

When I get out of here I will be seeking malpractice advice.

Now.. should I call up the LL and ask that he "petition the court to overturn the original decision" or are there more definitive words?

I really wanted to have him do this today, being that it the last day of the week and I could be wasting the whole weekend away where I would be moving my stuff into a rental garage and then find that he does this for me/us. And I just wasted my time and money and possibly become reinjured with the moving.. I am disabled and have been for quite a while, physically, I am already in place / accepted for a place of my own but it would not be the best idea to go there in my situation, distance, no coverage if something happens where I need more surgery, and more.

Thank You!

If the court has ordered an eviction, the landlord can seek to have it reversed.

The law doesn't require him to change his mind.

I suggest you stop focusing on the law when you want someone to soften his or her heart.

Simply ask the landlord when he's going to have the eviction withdrawn.

Tell him if he's not going to do it, because of your medical problems you need to get out to comply with the law.

Let him know you appreciate his kindness, don't be confrontational, be appreciative.

You're in a tenuous position at best, so be contrite.

Otherwise, you get nothing but more nothing.

Lawyers aren't miracle workers.
A lawyer can't undo the mess a person creates each and every time the person creates a mess.

The lesson here is always do what's expected and required.
That way you avoid being placed in a pickle barrel.

The OP has been posting all over the internet regarding confusing postings on this issue; wants to sue for repairs to the rental property even after the eviction had been granted.

Nothing that they post seems to make a whole lot of sense.

Gail

The OP has been posting all over the internet regarding confusing postings on this issue; wants to sue for repairs to the rental property even after the eviction had been granted.

Nothing that they post seems to make a whole lot of sense.

Gail

There are so many emotionally beaten, battered, bruised, and troubled people on this planet.

Many of them are veterans.

All of them deserve to be helped.

Mental illness has been too stigmatized.

Society prefers certain diseases over others.

Today it's Zika and the havoc it brings about.

At one time it was AIDS/HIV.

Breast cancer gets the pink displayed, and the money collected.

Mental illness gets ignored.

That's very sad.

Gail, please do not stalk me. you say "all over the internet" That other forum you are in is the only other forum, ONE, now here TWO and you state all over the internet. I do not want to go over there and look but I am pretty sure you are one of the people who asked me what I had already said, as most people there did!

So you come over here now and thrash on me, great!

Somebody other than Gail, well you too Gail.. point out what is not understandable please.

Gail if you have problems understanding these type of things on these type of boards perhaps you should find something else to do, I only seek REAL help, and I found that here with no problems like that other place.

@army judge, correct.

When I came here I came and tried to give just the details I felt neccesary in order to prevent anybody rambling off on different subjects that they could pick out of my posting, rather than simply giving a pertinant answer to the subject at hand.

I have began to feel hopless, I do what is said in the statutes and got screwed. (you do not know the half of it.. unless you read my posts "over there"

Last night I began to really evaluate things.. I have been suffering from depression for many years and I began to consider the fact that a "legal aid" agency had taken advantage of me, just so they could get their paychecks with minimal work.

I begin to feel really hopeless when I do what the lawyers that the poor/disabled people are refered to by the "system" told me to do and then I get screwed over by them when we are in court.

Last edited:
Back