Wrongful termination?

B

Braedynla

Jurisdiction
Montana
I have worked for a school district for just over 2 years and have been in my current position for about 15 months. I was given a letter on Friday 10/17 from my direct supervisor that stated he was terminating my employment. I contacted my union representative after I got home and she contacted the HR department who then put me on paid administrative leave. I met with the HR director and my union representative today and the HR director apologized to me and told me that my direct supervisor did not follow protocol and should not have tried to terminate me. They told me that they were willing to give me my job back. My husband feels I have a legal right to sue for wrongful termination. Can anyone tell me if this correct?

If she got her job back, then there's no termination. And if there's no termination, it can't be "wrongful".

Even under Montana's unique termination laws, she doesn't get to sue because a mistake was made and later fixed.

Agree with cbg. Since they are willing to give you your job back, there is no further action to be taken/that can be taken.

Back