Workers Comp Pain Management Issue!

J

james1648

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
So can they stop all benefits after 2 yrs. in Pain Mgmt. in Tn? I have CRPS and keeps getting worse!

Hello, in 2012 in TN. was hurt at work and did get Work Comp since then had several surgeries etc.. and in 2014 my Orthopedic Dr. put me at 4% disability and at MMI and sent me to Pain Mgmt. and my checks stopped but my Pain Dr. said I was nowhere near MMI and the Orthopedic Surgeon rescinded his findings and checks started up again!
Been at pain Mgmt. for 1yr. 7 months and was informed by Accident Fund today my benefits will stop this Sept. since I been in Pain Mgmt. for 2 yrs.

I would like to know if this Cap for Pain Mgmt. applies in Tn?
Thank You!

I suggest you discuss your concerns with a workers compensation attorney in TN, or TN workers compensation directly.

You can, of course, continue treatment using your medical/health insurance.

I know something about pain, as well as disability.
I have had ALL of my cervical vertebrae replaced and welded.
I was an army ranger in my past life.
I made over 1,000 jumps from airplanes, with about half of those in combat.
I was declared 100% disabled by the VA.
I've refused to accept anything from the VA, because many more of my brethren deserve and need it far more than I do.
I can pay for what I require.
No two people are the same, mate.
I've never taken one narcotic or controlled substance out of the hospital.
I was hooked up to various IV solutions, but had those for pain removed as quickly as my surgeon would allow.
I avoided using any extra, on demand doses.
I know many people that are addicted to that crap.
I suppose I have a very high tolerance for pain.
However, I've always felt I'd rather ignore pain, endure it, rather than become dependent on anything.

Good luck, mate, I wish you healing.
I wish you a pain free life one day.

There are about a million reasons why PM might be discontinued. I can't even begin to guess why yours was. When you called your adjuster and asked why, what were you told? When you spoke with the doctor, what were you told?

Back