Workers Comp and Vacation time

Discussion in 'Workers Compensation' started by gfbsm, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gfbsm

gfbsm New Member

I was injured at work and filed a claim. Everything went well and I had the surgery. Now I am on a light duty restriction for 6 weeks. My employer states they don't have enough light duty for 8 hours per day (maybe 2 or 3 hrs a day). The WC insurance company says it will pay for the time I don't work... no problems. However, my employer is telling me I have to use my accrued vacation time first because it has to be used by the end of the year. They say if I choose to get paid by the insurance company, I have to forfeit my vacation time. Can they do this? My view is, I have a work related injury and I can't return to my regular job for 6 weeks so how can they take that earned benefit away? I think I should be able to use my vacation time AND still get reimburshed from the insurance company.
    Thank you in advance for any insight you can offer.

2. Patricia_Young

Patricia_Young New Member

In Illinois, yes they may because there is no law that says they can't. Are you on intermittent FMLA by any chance?

3. travelvacation

travelvacation New Member

hi

you should contact work injury compensation lawyer to get the right information

4. Patricia_Young

Patricia_Young New Member

He got the right information. Can you show me a law that proves me wrong?

OP, I ask again, are you on FMLA?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.