Will I face trouble at the Port of Entry with my dismissed charges?

anymesh

Jurisdiction
California
Greetings, few months ago I was arrested and later charged with possession of paraphernalia and illegal consumption of alcohol. The charges were later dismissed without any conditions. It was a straight dismissal. I'm a F1 Visa holder.

The last time I crossed the border, I went to second screening. My case wasn't fully dismissed at that time, even though the DA was working on it. So all I had was a letter from my lawyer stating that the dismissal is on its way. They let me through but they said that next time I cross the border I have to bring a statement from the court stating that the case has been dismissed, which I have now.

I'm concerned that this time when I cross the border they will revoke my VISA and send me back. Last time when I mentioned to the officer that I'm a straight A student, he said that next time I should have my transcript with me to prove it, and I also plan to bring that with me. I just want some professional opinions on this issue. Is there anything else that I can do now to improve my chance of successfully crossing the border? I'm crossing the LA border. The actual arrest happened in Indiana.

I suggest you consult an immigration lawyer, or the people who will soon decide your fate:

www.uscis.gov

As a guest in any country, it's best to obey the laws of that country.

Most countries have enough home grown criminals, there's no need to import more.

Back