Which school district

Status
Not open for further replies.

rednsth

Jurisdiction
Florida
Me and my ex split before our daughter turned 1. She moved to Tampa. I have 50 50 shared parental rights and we exchange every weekend. Now we are getting closer to school age and she doesn't want to move back to my county. My daughter was also born here where I am. Just wondering what my odds are of my daughter being able to go to school here where I live and where she was born?

Me and my ex split before our daughter turned 1. She moved to Tampa. I have 50 50 shared parental rights and we exchange every weekend. Now we are getting closer to school age and she doesn't want to move back to my county. My daughter was also born here where I am. Just wondering what my odds are of my daughter being able to go to school here where I live and where she was born?

You'll know, if and when you petition the court.

Hopefully you consider what is best for the child, not for you.
Children go to the school their parent(s) chooses/(choose).

The court would likely consider it better that she attend school in the location with the parent who has had custody of her since birth.

It's always what's in the best interests of the child, not the parents.

You'll know, if and when you petition the court.

Hopefully you consider what is best for the child, not for you.
Children go to the school their parent(s) chooses/(choose).

The court would likely consider it better that she attend school in the location the aren't who has had custody of her since birth resides.

I believe it is best for her mother to move back here so she can see both her parents every other week and not be away from one or the other for long periods of time. I have a business here and cant really pick up and move. Her mother is living with her mother with no bills and plenty of monthly income (not working). No ties for her not to move.

I believe it is best for her mother to move back here so she can see both her parents every other week and not be away from one or the other for long periods of time. I have a business here and cant really pick up and move. Her mother is living with her mother with no bills and plenty of monthly income (not working). No ties for her not to move.
We have both had her equal amount of time down to the day since she was born btw

I'm not convincing anyone. I'm stating what is and has gone on trying to get some helpful advice...

Unfortunately, sometimes all we can tell you is that you have no "legal" grounds to compel the mother to go along with your wishes. And that's what we are telling you.

If I'm reading your post correctly your child spends a full week with you then a full week with the mother, then back and forth every week.

Well, that's going to have to stop when the child is of school age. Between you and your wife you are going to have to agree on who the child lives with during the week so she can go to school.

You should understand that, unless you can show that your child is suffering egregious harm by living with the mother, the courts WILL default to awarding the mother weekday custody.

You won't like this comment, but I suggest you resign yourself to that fact and work it out amicably between the two of you otherwise you will spend a lot of time and money on litigation and only end up with the same result, at the same time putting your daughter through emotional hell because of her parents' hostility.

What's best for your daughter is that there is no hostile litigation between her parents even if you have to make concessions to avoid it.

Unfortunately, sometimes all we can tell you is that you have no "legal" grounds to compel the mother to go along with your wishes. And that's what we are telling you.

If I'm reading your post correctly your child spends a full week with you then a full week with the mother, then back and forth every week.

Well, that's going to have to stop when the child is of school age. Between you and your wife you are going to have to agree on who the child lives with during the week so she can go to school.

You should understand that, unless you can show that your child is suffering egregious harm by living with the mother, the courts WILL default to awarding the mother weekday custody.

You won't like this comment, but I suggest you resign yourself to that fact and work it out amicably between the two of you otherwise you will spend a lot of time and money on litigation and only end up with the same result, at the same time putting your daughter through emotional hell because of her parents' hostility.

What's best for your daughter is that there is no hostile litigation between her parents even if you have to make concessions to avoid it.
I understand that. Thank you. Much more helpful than the last person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back