What shall I do

Drreality

Jurisdiction
Oregon
Hi

I live Oregon.

My relation with my wife has not been healthy for almost a year. We therefore agreed that I move out shortly, hoping for things to calm down.
We have 2 beautiful children, unfortunately both ill with a rare disease that make them vulnerable for picking infections easily.

So naturally I couldn't stay away from them as part of worry and love. I went back to see them few weeks after. I found that my wife has changed the locks of our rented flat and called the police claiming falsely that I am trying to break in and I am armed :(
Of course police found no evidence of this.

I am living in the back of my van as I can't afford to rent another property for now.

My questions are:
Does she have a legal ground to lock me out?

Will I be legally disadvantaged by asking for divorce first, as my spouse is refusing to communicate with me on what she wants?

Is there any state advisory free center?

Please help me as I have no idea how to proceed.

Much appreciated.

Does she have a legal ground to lock me out?

No, unless she has a restraining order!!!!

Will I be legally disadvantaged by asking for divorce first, as my spouse is refusing to communicate with me on what she wants?

She's not required to communicate with you.
In fact, most lawyers advise divorce litigants to communicate though their attorney, or a trusted neutral party.

Is there any state advisory free center?

No, but you can endeavor to educate yourself here:
Welcome to OregonLawHelp.org | A guide to free and low-cost legal aid, assistance and services in Oregon
Oregon Divorce FAQs | DivorceNet.com
Divorce in Oregon

I am really grateful for this response, finally I can could see someone who helps for free.

Who should I report to regarding the fact that I'm locked out of my rented property?

Will I be disadvantaged to start the divorce?

Many tasks and God bless you

I guess you're right :(

The lease has both our names in it.

Do you advice that I start the divorce process or just wait for her to take the first move?

I guess you're right :(

The lease has both our names in it.

Do you advice that I start the divorce process or just wait for her to take the first move?

The divorce will only formalize what she already did, she divorced you in her mind.

Why wait?

The decision is yours, but IF I were you, I'd see divorce as the way to start over.

The divorce will also address what happens to the lease.

This is an answer that I feared :(
I think it's the fear of the unknown and anxiety about horror stories that I heard on how divorces could end nasty.nonetheless, it's a medicine that I have to drink to get better, sighs.

Do you advice me to seek legal representative, if so, where could I find an affordable (I know this is relative) service.
Many thanks again.

This is an answer that I feared :(
I think it's the fear of the unknown and anxiety about horror stories that I heard on how divorces could end nasty.nonetheless, it's a medicine that I have to drink to get better, sighs.

Do you advice me to seek legal representative, if so, where could I find an affordable (I know this is relative) service.
Many thanks again.

Oregon is a very easy state to do it yourself divorce.

Search the 'net, here are a few examples:
Divorce in Oregon
;
;
;
JFCPD - Forms for Divorce
=
=
=
http://oregonlawhelp.org/files/CCDA...w to File for Divorce in Oregon PDF 11-10.pdf
[
[
[
Ask around, eager, hungry lawyers are plentiful, many are homeless too, these days.
Or, try your hand at a DIY divorce.

Back