Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass What are the laws in nc concerning tresspassing?

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
My ex boyfriend came into my home while I was at work, or while I was in bed asleep uninvited. When he came to my home he would always start an argument with me about something. Then I found that he had taken some of my personal property including my journal. He took my journal and made photocopies of it and told quite a few of our neighbors what was said in my journal. He had went thru my drawers and found these things. He had taken some of my knives. He took my Keychain with the key to the outbuilding and the spare key to my father's pickup. He was told to leave on several occasions. He was told that this is private property and to leave and not return. What kind of jail time could he be facing? Is there some way he can get out of this charge?

If you've reported the incidents to the authorities, justice must take her course. He is innocent unless and until he is convicted or cops a plea. You will be called to testify, as will other witnesses. No one can predict what any jury will do. Likewise, only the defendant knows if he will take a plea deal. If you have any concerns or questions discuss them with the prosecutor or the victim advocate for your county or city.

Nothing will happen to him if you don't file a report with the police. You make it sound as if you haven't. You should have called 911 the first time you caught him in your house.

If you have not already done so you need to make a report.

Back