Were my rights violated?

S

Student PA

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I am a ninth grade student in Washington PA. I had an issue with a bully who would assault me on a daily basis and his friend would record this on his telephone. Finally one day I defended myself and struck this individual back. School officials used this as evidence to send my parents a citation for $500 dollars which has to be paid in ten days or an arrest warrant will be issued. My parents don't have this money available and I'm scared. Are they allowed to use this video against me without my permission? My parents were curious if they could go after the student who recorded me for the money? It's there anything I can do? Please? Any advice would be appreciated.

Being in 9th grade means you can't do much of anything about it, and no, your rights were not violated.

The citation is an issue that your parents have to deal with.

If you were "assaulted" on a daily basis I am assuming you reported this. So what happened with THAT?

I am a ninth grade student in Washington PA. I had an issue with a bully who would assault me on a daily basis and his friend would record this on his telephone. Finally one day I defended myself and struck this individual back. School officials used this as evidence to send my parents a citation for $500 dollars which has to be paid in ten days or an arrest warrant will be issued. My parents don't have this money available and I'm scared. Are they allowed to use this video against me without my permission? My parents were curious if they could go after the student who recorded me for the money? It's there anything I can do? Please? Any advice would be appreciated.

Grasshopper, my precious, young grasshopper; you have no rights, snowflake.
Your parents, however, are the vessels through which your humane treatment flow.
They are the vessels who are also your voice, for any abuses you suffer, dumpling.
My sweet cupcake, your parents are the oracle of your humanity, dear one.
Therefore, always behave yourself, take your issues to your parents.
Your parents can see to it that all transgressions against your humanity are corrected, remedied, and cleansed away.

Your parents, nor are you guilty of anything, young human life form.
Your parents and you appear in court.
They tell the story of how you were viciously pounded for weeks, and one day you coud take no more.
You struck back in self defense, you fought for family honor, because of the evil bully who regularly molested, accosted, abused, harassed, battered, pounded, and thumped you daily.
The thug who stole your lunch money, who said naughty, nasty things about your mom and pop.
They'll talk for you, lil student.
Make your pop and mom proud, behave yourself.
Even if the judge levies a $500 fine, highly unlikely, payment arrangements can be made.
You can get a job, help your papa and mama pay off the fine.
But, remember, special snowflake, behave yourself.

My problem is that his mom is on the pta. I have tried to get help but it's not doing much for me. And my issue with the video is that it's edited only to show my part of the altercation, and not his. But thank you for replying.
Being in 9th grade means you can't do much of anything about it, and no, your rights were not violated.

The citation is an issue that your parents have to deal with.

If you were "assaulted" on a daily basis I am assuming you reported this. So what happened with THAT?

Did you go to the school about being assaulted daily? Did you tell your parents about it? If you had told your parents they could have talked to the bully's parents. If that didn't work and it continued, they could have gone to the police and filed a report against this bully.

Unfortunately, even though you fought back, you assaulted someone. You can show up to court if there's a court date on that citation and try to fight it.

You need to talk to your parents about all this that's been going on and your parents can talk to a lawyer and ask for options.

If there was wrongdoing then, theoretically, I'd consider going after the videographer and the bully. But you're a long way from there. The first step is to defend yourself from the charges. I hear a discussion about a judge but you're mentioning "school officials" and a citation. Who specifically sent the citation and what is the stated offense? Is there a possibility for a hearing and, if so, before whom?

I have been in education a long time and have not heard of fining $500 for bullying. Even truancy in your district is only $300. Who sent them the bill and what specifically was it for?

Back