Unfit father

C

Colormebold

Jurisdiction
Washington
I just need some advice and clearification.
I am currently pregnant and soon due. The father and I are no longer together, after several failed attempts to work things out. I've recently found him with drugs on his person and he's admitted doing them too. Which is when my last button was pushed. He also has a record of drug use, abuse and jail time.

Well now he's constantly holding custody over my head, insisting I either don't breast feed or pump so that he can have my son stay over night with him right way. Which wouldn't be a problem excpet for his house isn't suitable for an adult let alone a child. The bathroom is incomplete with plumbing and wires all over, the kitchen has a stove, sink and fridge. No counters or cupboards. The fridge is empty. There are beer cans thrown all over the place. The second bedroom has gerfetti and inappropriate drawings all over, the main bedroom has a huge mural of two elk aggressively mating painted on it and the one pet he has is a rottwiller who has fleas so bad she's loosing hair. He does work, but calls in often. And he can't drive because he is legally blind. His ex (but still legal wife) and 3 other children live in the house next door.

I currently live at my moms, mainly for the emotional and physical support she's been able to provide during my pregnancy (since 10 weeks). And the financial support too. I have a very good job in the medical field that pays well, and I enjoy. I've been able to purchase, with no help from the father, everything baby will need and a little extra.

My concerns are if he has a chance at custody, I'm even worried about visitation just because of the condition of his house and his sporadic behavior, and what steps I need to take to insure my son is the SAFEST possible and in the best hands. Any and all advice would be so so so appreciated.

Full and complete custody is vested at birth in mothers who birth children born out of wedlock.

Any Unmarried male who alleges to be the father of a child born out of wedlock have NO parental rights, unless and until he goes to court, establishes paternity via DNA testing, and argues for visitation.

Custody of babies rarely go to such males, including over overnights -not happening until the child is 4-5 years old, if it ever happens.

So, stop bothering with a drug addict, bully, abuser.

Stay safe with your mother.

That loser will never change.

Be a good mother, take care of your child.

Don't plan on a drug addicted bum ever paying child support, either!!!

I just need some advice and clearification.
I am currently pregnant and soon due. The father and I are no longer together, after several failed attempts to work things out. I've recently found him with drugs on his person and he's admitted doing them too. Which is when my last button was pushed. He also has a record of drug use, abuse and jail time.

Well now he's constantly holding custody over my head, insisting I either don't breast feed or pump so that he can have my son stay over night with him right way. Which wouldn't be a problem excpet for his house isn't suitable for an adult let alone a child. The bathroom is incomplete with plumbing and wires all over, the kitchen has a stove, sink and fridge. No counters or cupboards. The fridge is empty. There are beer cans thrown all over the place. The second bedroom has gerfetti and inappropriate drawings all over, the main bedroom has a huge mural of two elk aggressively mating painted on it and the one pet he has is a rottwiller who has fleas so bad she's loosing hair. He does work, but calls in often. And he can't drive because he is legally blind. His ex (but still legal wife) and 3 other children live in the house next door.

I currently live at my moms, mainly for the emotional and physical support she's been able to provide during my pregnancy (since 10 weeks). And the financial support too. I have a very good job in the medical field that pays well, and I enjoy. I've been able to purchase, with no help from the father, everything baby will need and a little extra.

My concerns are if he has a chance at custody, I'm even worried about visitation just because of the condition of his house and his sporadic behavior, and what steps I need to take to insure my son is the SAFEST possible and in the best hands. Any and all advice would be so so so appreciated.
Lol oh this guy is a riot.

Ignore him. Block him. Don't talk to him. He has nothing on you. You two aren't married. He has to establish paternity.

He has nothing. You have everything. Even IF he establishes paternity he will most likely not get custody and might be lucky if he gets supervised visitation.

Back