Trust I Have Been Removed From

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridgewater

Jurisdiction
Washington
My grandpa set up a trust for myself and my seven cousins that consisted of his farm and other assets worth about $400,000. He did this when he was in sound mind, but today he has Alzheimer's.

My grandma then called last year and wanted to send me and my other cousins paper work to sign to dissolve the trust so she could give whole thing to my aunt. As it turns out we never got the paperwork and it appears the property has been sold. However, we would have never signed it if received.

When asked about it my grandma said the attorney found another way to get the job done without our signatures. My guess is they forged them all.

My question is could they have got this done without our signatures and if not how can I look into this?

I suggest you discuss the matter with a couple local trust attorneys in your county.
There might be one way for your grandmother to have dissolved the trust.
There might be more, but if she were appointed legal guardian of your grandfather, she might then have the power to dissolve your trust. I doubt that she could dissolve a trust that easily.

I could go on guessing and speculating, but you need real answers from a lawyer that specializes in the area of trusts and all that entails.

Most attorneys will meet with you at no cost for the initial consultation. That's why I suggest people always meet with three or four, think about what they learned, then decide what to do next.

Is there a way to get a copy of the trust? Is that public information I can access somewhere?

Yes, you certainly can request information about the trust.
Read on for your rights as a bonafide trustee.

Any beneficiary of the trust can request a copy of the trust from the administrator of the trust.

Here is a discussion of the duties of a trust administrator:

Duties of a Trust Administrator

Read for a detailed explanation of the right's of a person named a beneficiary of a trust:

What are a Trust Beneficiary's Rights to Information About a Trust?

Beneficiary's Right to Receive Copy of Trust | Elder-Law-Advocate

Be advised that many times the trust administrator of smaller trusts will duck, dodge, slip, and hide when you request a copy of the trust.

If the trust administrator in any way stalls or refuses your right to see a copy of the trust, as well as a full accounting, IMMEDIATELY speak with a lawyer.

Why?

It means you'll probably have to go to court and seek a court order compelling the administrator to do what the law requires!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back