Deportation, Re-entry travel outside USA with pending domestic case

shatterd

Hi good morning I just want to know if I can travel outside the country or not. I am permanent resident and I do have a pending domestic violence case. My lawyer just told me recently the case is going to be dismmised and also my ex gf is not willing to push it. My lawyer also confirmed to me that I dont have any travel band nor restrictions from my bail.As a matter of fact he gave me the dock sheets plus a letter from him stating no restictions to travel. My question I need to travel to see my dad who is very ill will my passport going to get flagged when I get out of the country? Will they let me come back to the country to finish my hearing on May. Im not convicted yet and no conditions on my bail. Will ICE arrest me when I come back and get detain on my porT of entry? If they don't let me back in and send me back to my country who will pay the airfare if I dont have money? Please hopefully someone can answer me I need some peace of mind and i have to get back here for my son and to prove Im inncocent

There is no way we can give you a sure answer. Since you have an attorney, your best bet is to listen to the attorney's advice. You could also contact USCIS & ask for an answer/opinion.

Back