Texas Workers Comp Issues

D

Denny2468

Jurisdiction
Texas
was injured at work. Went to Dr. where I was diagnosed with a herniated disk. The texas worker comp rep wrote the diagnosis as a lumbar strain. This is causing all my treatments to keep getting kicked out. Further, the circus of Dr's involved that no longer work for them keep changing. I have not been treated correctly. This is causing nerve degeneration . Can I sue Texas Workers Comp .. the system not the employer.. unreasonable pain suffer ect.. it has been a year and a half. can't get comfortable, effects my sleep, sex life .. everything.. enough is enough.. Need a number

was injured at work. Went to Dr. where I was diagnosed with a herniated disk. The texas worker comp rep wrote the diagnosis as a lumbar strain. This is causing all my treatments to keep getting kicked out. Further, the circus of Dr's involved that no longer work for them keep changing. I have not been treated correctly. This is causing nerve degeneration . Can I sue Texas Workers Comp .. the system not the employer.. unreasonable pain suffer ect.. it has been a year and a half. can't get comfortable, effects my sleep, sex life .. everything.. enough is enough.. Need a number

You say "doctor".
"Doctor" of what?
Chiropractor?
Medical Doctor?
Osteopathic physician?

Sue the Texas WC, you say.

Texas is the ONLY state in the union that doesn't require employers to carry WC insurance.

You might be able to sue your employer.
You need a WC attorney, ASAP.
Don't worry about the cost.
The lawyer will explain it all to you.

Read on:

Workers' Compensation

Suing Your Employer for an Injury | Disability Secrets

You can't sue the employer or the system. You can challenge denied care if a doctor will put in writing that it is a direct result of the injury sustained. If you have a herniated disk that is very different than a pulled muscle/strain. It is very possible you have both but only the one caused by the work injury would be covered under WC. Have you asked the doctor if the herniated disk was caused by the injury?

I'm not sure what happened with the doctor but you can apply to treat elsewhere. Workers' Compensation Rules see 126.9

Back