Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifting (CA)

MisterJay3

Jurisdiction
California
Hi so im a 21yr old Male who was recently caught Shoplifting from Khols with a $40 item. this is also my first offence and naturally I feel really bad about it. Loss prevention caught me and asked me to return the Item and follow them to the back room where I signed the Tresspass agreement, Civil Acknowledgement paper and they took my picture. No Police were called the and girl basically told me thanks for cooperating, Because I mean hey I was caught. Anyways she then tells me In 2-3 weeks I may get a Civil Demand Letter.
And like anyone who uses the internet I started looking everything up only to have some grasp on everything but im still confused. So i just have a few questions.

1. Since I was caught should I just pay the Civil Demand?

2. Why do so many people say not to pay it?

3. Does Khols use the NRMA? Will I be put into a shoplifting Database?

4. Will this effect my chances at a Retail Job?

5. Can I still be brought to court if all i get is the Civil Demand?

6. Is there anymore information anyone can think of to give me? Or any tips?

Thank you.

Hi so im a 21yr old Male who was recently caught Shoplifting from Khols with a $40 item. this is also my first offence and naturally I feel really bad about it. Loss prevention caught me and asked me to return the Item and follow them to the back room where I signed the Tresspass agreement, Civil Acknowledgement paper and they took my picture. No Police were called the and girl basically told me thanks for cooperating, Because I mean hey I was caught. Anyways she then tells me In 2-3 weeks I may get a Civil Demand Letter.
And like anyone who uses the internet I started looking everything up only to have some grasp on everything but im still confused. So i just have a few questions.

1. Since I was caught should I just pay the Civil Demand?

2. Why do so many people say not to pay it?

3. Does Khols use the NRMA? Will I be put into a shoplifting Database?

4. Will this effect my chances at a Retail Job?

5. Can I still be brought to court if all i get is the Civil Demand?

6. Is there anymore information anyone can think of to give me? Or any tips?

Thank you.

You can continue to research ALL of your questions right here on this forum.

The questions you've posed have been posed before THOUSANDS of times.

Your answers are but a few taps away, good luck!

Back