Shoplifted

Kim44

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Hello. I am 15 years old and last week I was caught shoplifting at a store about $56 worth of clothes. There was no damage to the items, the tags were just taken off. This is my first time ever doing anything like this. I have not been given a court date yet.

Should I plead guilty or not guilty? There is this diversion program here in Hall County but I don't know how to ask for it. Thank you.

Last edited:
I am 15 years old and last week I was caught shoplifting at Kohl's about $56 worth of clothes. There was no damage to the items, the tags were just taken off. This is my first time ever doing anything like this. I have not been given a court date yet.

Should I plead guilty or not guilty? There is this diversion program here in Hall County but I don't know how to ask for it. Thank you.

Before you can do anything, your parents must approve.
I suggest you discuss your predicament FULLY with your parents or guardians.

After you've done that, please feel free to return to tell us what your they said.

I repeat, if you go to juvenile court without them, the court will inform them.

I asm a Retail theft Consultant and answer questions like yours daily. You fail to mention if cops were called if not you may not have a court date

Back