settlement after wc medical case closed

waswondering

Greetings,

My question is, I was injured on the job, which I was seeing a workers comp. Doctor, then after I was released by the doctor , with continued medical care under workers comp. I quit my job.

Can I expect to receive a workers comp. settlement from my previous employers insurance company?

Again, I was employed still on workers comp. and working up until 2 mos after my doctor closed the medical portion but with continued care to go back if there was any more problems that I was continuing to have.

Thank you.

BTW I am in California.

Greetings,

My question is, I was injured on the job, which I was seeing a workers comp. Doctor, then after I was released by the doctor , with continued medical care under workers comp. I quit my job.

Can I expect to receive a workers comp. settlement from my previous employers insurance company?

Again, I was employed still on workers comp. and working up until 2 mos after my doctor closed the medical portion but with continued care to go back if there was any more problems that I was continuing to have.

Thank you.

BTW I am in California.

When you spoke with your former employer's representative, what were you told?
Oh, you haven't spoken with your former employer's representative, yet. Well, reach out and see what you can learn.
Or, hire a WC lawyer in your county to seek redress for you.

Yes, I haven't heard from the employer's insurance company as of yet.

I was just wondering if I'd be eligible for a settlement since I left the job to something better. I had heard if you leave then you don't get a settlement, but I waited after I got the medical case closed. It was just sort of recently that this occurred.

Thank you for your reply.

Forget diamonds, a WC case is forever. Both medical and indemnity continue regardless of future employment. You also can still settle a claim after leaving an employer. Whether or not it makes sense to do so is something you should discuss with an attorney.

Back