Seeking justice

S

Sweetsipencer

Jurisdiction
Other
My mother's drunk brother killed my drunk dad a few years back. My mother saw all of it. She said she tried to stop her brother but he is strong. After that, my mom filed a case to him, because she was the only witness she was needed their. She went to the first trial but after that she didn't come for the next trial and all the future trials. She told me that she loved her brother to not let him put in jail so she intentionally ditch the future court trials. After how many months, the murderer who killed my daddy was now free from jail. I didn't know what to do after that because i'm only a kid. So, I promised to myself that when i grew up I will put that bastard to jail.
What I want to know is if there is a chance to reopen the case that took years back to happen, well in my father's case ?

My mother's drunk brother killed my drunk dad a few years back. My mother saw all of it. She said she tried to stop her brother but he is strong. After that, my mom filed a case to him, because she was the only witness she was needed their. She went to the first trial but after that she didn't come for the next trial and all the future trials. She told me that she loved her brother to not let him put in jail so she intentionally ditch the future court trials. After how many months, the murderer who killed my daddy was now free from jail. I didn't know what to do after that because i'm only a kid. So, I promised to myself that when i grew up I will put that bastard to jail.
What I want to know is if there is a chance to reopen the case that took years back to happen, well in my father's case ?

If the charges were dismissed, maybe you can reenergize the prosecutor.

If the killer was acquitted by a jury, no way it'll ever be reopened.
The killer is protected by the double jeopardy provision.

Back