1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

screwed over by consignment shop in MN. help me please

Discussion in 'Car Sales, Dealers, Repairs, Lemon Law' started by luke22, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luke22

luke22 Law Topic Starter New Member

I bought a car from a used car consignment shop. the car broke a week later with no oil in it due to them putting a part in wrong/upside down. the repairs were done prior to me buying it so the car would even function. As far as I know they are not licensed to sell in any way.... Do I have a case since i have pics from my auto shop of the part installed wrong as well as a tech to back me up or is it considered "as is". I beleive if they are not licensed they could not have profited from the sale which they did. I paid 3700, 950 went to person they got the car from to fix up, the rest went to them... what can i do. Im in debt now with the bills just to look at the car. please help me!!!?!!!?luke

2. mightymoose

mightymoose Well-Known Member

As is.
    You have a private party sale, no licensing required.
    Buyer beware.