Rispersal movement disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myusername89

Jurisdiction
Illinois
After being in the psych ward and taking risperdal back in summer 2013 I was unable to stop moving my legs for weeks. Because I have schizophrenia I was terrified that people were trying to control my legs among other discomforts. It eventually led to me having to go back to the psych ward. In my medical records it is stated that I had a medication induced movement disorder and I was prescribed cogentin.

My question is : are there any lawyers who would take this case even though it was not permanent and happened over two years ago?

My question is : are there any lawyers who would take this case even though it was not permanent and happened over two years ago?

There's only one answer to that question: Maybe.

And the only way to find out for sure is to call up malpractice lawyers and ask.

Understand, though, that the statute of limitations on medical malpractice is generally one or two years (and you haven't named your state).

If the SOL has run out then you are done.

By the way, having a bad reaction to a medication is not necessarily malpractice.

What happened to OP was one of the expected side effects. That's why OP was given Cogentin (per his/her/its posts on other boards). There is no case. There is no legal recourse. OP was treated correctly for his/her/its known side effects of Risperadol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back