Parole, Probation RIGHTS OF PAROLEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worried mom

Jurisdiction
New York
My son is on probation he was convicted of a misdeamor and is classified a level 1 sex offender the courts sentenced him to 3 years probation but the probation officer told him it is 6 years. Also probation mandated that he had to go for counseling which he has no problem doing the problem arises that the phycatrist he was told to see is accussing hom of lying made him take a liar detector test which he passed but is making him take another, my son is so depressed by how he is being treated i am afraid he is going to commit suicde. HE ASKED his probatikn officer if there is another therapist and she said no what can we do

You can pay a therapist, preferably a psychiatrist, to evaluate him.
More than likely his health insurance would cover the cost, or assist with same.

He's on probation.
Effectively he's incarcerated VIRTUALLY.
He should comply with the PO, or risk having his probation revoked.

If he were revoked, he'd be sent to prison.
In prison he'd have NO freedom, plus he'd still be required to participate in treatment.

You can also pay for him to have a lawyer.
A lawyer MIGHT have more suggestions.

Until anything changes EGALKY, he should shut up, be polite, and comply with the instructions of his PO.

If he can't do those simple things, he'll find himself in deep caca.

You can pay a therapist, preferably a psychiatrist, to evaluate him.
More than likely his health insurance would cover the cost, or assist with same.

He's on probation.
Effectively he's incarcerated VIRTUALLY.
He should comply with the PO, or risk having his probation revoked.

If he were revoked, he'd be sent to prison.
In prison he'd have NO freedom, plus he'd still be required to participate in treatment.

You can also pay for him to have a lawyer.
A lawyer MIGHT have more suggestions.

Until anything changes EGALKY, he should shut up, be polite, and comply with the instructions of his PO.

If he can't do those simple things, he'll find himself in deep caca.
The phycatrist he is see does not take health insurance we already tried that so thats not an optional when my son said to his P.O. about going to my lawyer to see if he could help me with getting another therapist and she advised me i could not do it

His PO said this is the only phycatrist he could see and the doctor doesn't let you use health insurance he asked his PO if he could gonback to his lawyer to help find a different therapist and she said no. IN NEW YORK probation is suppose to help you pay for your counseling if you cant afford it and she refuses to help him becausebhe has a full time job making $300 a week take home and his therapy costb $175 weekly or more depending on how many sessionz are scheduled

His PO said this is the only phycatrist he could see and the doctor doesn't let you use health insurance he asked his PO if he could gonback to his lawyer to help find a different therapist and she said no. IN NEW YORK probation is suppose to help you pay for your counseling if you cant afford it and she refuses to help him becausebhe has a full time job making $300 a week take home and his therapy costb $175 weekly or more depending on how many sessionz are scheduled

Maybe the person's family could contribute to help him get counseling, or most counties offer free or low cost mental health assistance.

Bottom line, he made his mess, now he must start cleaning it up.

If he doesn't fix himself, he's very likely to reoffend very soon.

THOS SITUATION HAPPENED WHEN HE WAS 17 IT TOOKBTILL HEBWAS 22 TO GET THROUGH THE COURTS AND HE HAS NOT BEEN IN TROUBLE SINCE HE IS NOW 24 HE TOOK RESPONSIBILIRY FOR THE MISTAKE HE IS DOING EVERYTHING THAT HIS PROBATION OFFICER HAS ASKED OF HIM IT JUST HE IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH HIS THERAPIST IF HE HAD TO SEE A THERAPIST EVERYDAY HE WOULD IT JUST PATICULAR THERAPIST IS NOT HELPING HIM HE IA HURTING HIM I HAVE SEEN THE DEPRESSION GET WORSE DAY BY DAY AND I AN AFRAID FOR HIM. AT THE TIME OF HIS SENTENCING THE JUDGE DIDNT WANT TO PUT HIM ON THE SEX OFFENDERS LIST BUT THE DA SAID THAT WAS THE STIPULATION BEFORE GOING ON PROBATION HE WAS SEEING A DIFFERENT THERAPIST WHICH IN HIS REPORTBTO THE COURT SAID MY SON WAS DOING GREAT AND DIDN'T SEE THE NEED FOR THERAPY ANYMORE AND THE COURT AGREED BUT PROBATION SAW IT DIFFERENT WHICH IS FINE ALL WE WANT TO DO IS FO BACK TO THE OTHER THERAPIST

There's nothing a private legal discussion forum can do, except suggest he see an attorney about his concerns and find out if he has any legal remedies available the lawyer can pursue.

Nothing more we can do.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back