Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse receiving drugs in the mail average penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nousername

Jurisdiction
California
i have not done this and am not charged with a crime, so please don't simply suggest i get an attorney etc. just answer the question if you can give an in depth answer.

First of all, let's talk about three different drug cases in my state(i live in california), marijuana, possession of which is a misdemeanor, mdma, which due to prop 47 is now also a misdemeanor and treated the same as marijuana, and lsd or mushrooms which now remain felonies in spite of the fact that heroin is now considered a misdemeanor offense as well.

so there is this vast disparity between obtaining drugs through the mail and obtaining drugs from a dealer, i have read all i could on the topic of sentencing but couldn't find much except for a few cases. i know that mailing less than 50 grams of marijuana out of state can get you up to 5 years and prison and have read a case of a man being sentenced to 8 to 26 years in prison for mailing a large quantity of marijuana to themselves. This is more or equal time than an average rapist for a marijuana related crime that may not have even definitely involved dealing. I am not sure. The vast disparity between getting a drug from 1 way and getting a drug through another way without any real differences aside from the fact that it came in a box rather than someone's hand is indeed yet another problem i have with the usa government but this isn't really a political thread so let's just leave it at the fact that i find it illogical. I have also heard of people simply getting warnings for mailing marijuana to themselves etc, so i know that there is a huge disparity as to what can happen. i have read that receiving mdma through international mailing can get you up to 20 years in prison but not sure about national mailing.

so what i want a lawyer on drug defense charges to tell me is this.

based on the federal and state laws of receiving a personal amount of mdma in the mail, what is the best, average, and worst case scenario that you could end up with in court? and which is most likely? and then list the exact same for marijuana and a psychedelic such as mushrooms on a state and federal level.

also, how would having 1 misdemeanor unrelated to drugs affect it.

anyway, considering the vast disparity between receiving drugs in the mail and receiving them from a drug dealer let us hope that this question and it's hopefully knowledgeable answers can help educate people intent on ordering drugs online as to just what they are getting into.

As i said, i am not saying that i am going to do these things, this is purely for educational purposes only.

So then you'll have to go out and hire one - there's no one here that fits that description.

As i said, i am not saying that i am going to do these things, this is purely for educational purposes only.

This is a site for legal advice, not one to do your hypothetical research for you. Since this is not something that's happening to you, you should have plenty of time to do your own research.

i have not done this and am not charged with a crime, so please don't simply suggest i get an attorney etc. just answer the question if you can give an in depth answer.

First of all, let's talk about three different drug cases in my state(i live in california), marijuana, possession of which is a misdemeanor, mdma, which due to prop 47 is now also a misdemeanor and treated the same as marijuana, and lsd or mushrooms which now remain felonies in spite of the fact that heroin is now considered a misdemeanor offense as well.

so there is this vast disparity between obtaining drugs through the mail and obtaining drugs from a dealer, i have read all i could on the topic of sentencing but couldn't find much except for a few cases. i know that mailing less than 50 grams of marijuana out of state can get you up to 5 years and prison and have read a case of a man being sentenced to 8 to 26 years in prison for mailing a large quantity of marijuana to themselves. This is more or equal time than an average rapist for a marijuana related crime that may not have even definitely involved dealing. I am not sure. The vast disparity between getting a drug from 1 way and getting a drug through another way without any real differences aside from the fact that it came in a box rather than someone's hand is indeed yet another problem i have with the usa government but this isn't really a political thread so let's just leave it at the fact that i find it illogical. I have also heard of people simply getting warnings for mailing marijuana to themselves etc, so i know that there is a huge disparity as to what can happen. i have read that receiving mdma through international mailing can get you up to 20 years in prison but not sure about national mailing.

based on the federal and state laws of receiving a personal amount of mdma in the mail, what is the best, average, and worst case scenario that you could end up with in court? and which is most likely? and then list the exact same for marijuana and a psychedelic such as mushrooms on a state and federal level.

also, how would having 1 misdemeanor unrelated to drugs affect it.

anyway, considering the vast disparity between receiving drugs in the mail and receiving them from a drug dealer let us hope that this question and it's hopefully knowledgeable answers can help educate people intent on ordering drugs online as to just what they are getting into.

No one on our forum offers anyone advice on how best to break the laws of any governmental body.

Therefore, I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back