privacy issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkkali

Jurisdiction
Washington
Can my landlord discuss my residency to other tenants from outside my home. Such as informing them of any possible stipulations, inpeading evictions or rental summery. Also my landlord had on more than one occasion shown other tenants her total distain for me. I thought through the privacy act that my tenancy could be discussed unless approved by me or if it is required by law, such as to a lawyer.

Nothing you are providing is raising any red flags for me.
There are many things that people can talk about and very few restrictions.

So no flags for a landlord telling a tenant that another tenant will be gone by a certain date whether they like it or not. Even if said incident had never been brought to court. Are there any flags for a landlord sending out a letter requesting tenant take photos of persons doing wrong things and infring said wrong doers are under 18 years old?

Ditto. Not illegal. I'm not sure which piece of legislation related to privacy you are referring to but none apply here. There is no general right to privacy.

Actually the consumer privacy act does refer to tenants as well. As mandated by the Attorney General. Therefore if a landlord is discussing the terms of your lease, tenancy or financial information it does count as a breach of privacy. Furthermore if said breach of privacy leads to situations of hostility or harassment from an employee or aonther tenant it does then indeed fall under breach of quiet enjoyment.

You came here asking if there WAS privacy protection and when we tell you no, you insist that there is? What's up with that?

Actually the consumer privacy act does refer to tenants as well.

What "act" is that? Provide a link for us or a statute number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back