pregnant teen

abcgrl0813

Jurisdiction
Alabama
I'm 16 and pregnant my boyfriend is 18 my parents are aware of his age and that we are sexually active however we do not get along in our household and they are unaware of the pregnancy I don't feel comfortable raising my child in that environment and I was told that when you are 16 you can leave home without parental consent is this legal if I'm doing this in the best interest for my child

Last edited:
What you have been told is not true. Pregnant or not pregnant, until you are a minimum of 18, and I believe in your state it's 19, you live where your parents say you live. If your parents say you cannot move out, then you cannot move out. Period, no ifs ands or buts. If the environment is such that you don't want to raise your child there, you shouldn't have made a child until you were old enough to move out.

And if you move out anyway? Your parents, with or without the assistance of the police, can come get you and drag your pregnant little ass back home, and it's not outside the realm of possibility that the people you were staying with can go to jail for letting you stay there.

I'm 16 and pregnant my boyfriend is 18 my parents are aware of his age and that we are sexually active however we do not get along in our household and they are unaware of the pregnancy I don't feel comfortable raising my child in that environment and I was told that when you are 16 you can leave home without parental consent is this legal if I'm doing this in the best interest for my child vv
What you have been told is not true. Pregnant or not pregnant, until you are a minimum of 18, and I believe in your state it's 19, you live where your parents say you live. If your parents say you cannot move out, then you cannot move out. Period, no ifs ands or buts. If the environment is such that you don't want to raise your child there, you shouldn't have made a child until you were old enough to move out.

And if you move out anyway? Your parents, with or without the assistance of the police, can come get you and drag your pregnant little ass back home, and it's not outside the realm of possibility that the people you were staying with can go to jail for letting you stay there.
I am very aware of my mistakevi asked a simple question not for you to be extremely rude what I did and when I did it is none of you fucking business thank you

You're quite welcome.

It has been my experience that nothing short of blunt absolutes will sink in with teenagers. Or, for that matter, some adults.

If I've managed to stave off a host of "but what if..."s while you try to get us to give you the answer you want to hear instead of the legally correct one you've already received, then my work here is done.

I live in Bama. cbg is very correct that the age of majority is 19; my own teen could not even open up a bank account without my signature until she turned 19. I would suggest you tell your parents what you've been up to, because more than likely, they are the ones who will be supporting this child.

I am very aware of my mistakevi asked a simple question not for you to be extremely rude what I did and when I did it is none of you fucking business thank you
Because if you got pregnant before 16 your boyfriend could be in some serious trouble. So that's why it "fucking" matters when and what you did with him.

Don't come onto a forum, ask for advice, and then be petulant when you don't get your way. You're going to have to tell your parents you're pregnant. Otherwise what are you going to do? Have the baby in a bathroom stall or something? They're going to notice and find out.

You don't get to do a damn thing until you're 19. So you better learn to put up with your parents OR give that baby up for adoption once you have it. Those are your choices. OR if it's still early have an abortion. Unless that's a state you need parental consent...

Either way you're fucked.

Back