photographer lost all my wedding photos

• Thread Starter screwedbyphotographr
  • Start date
S

screwedbyphotographr

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Hi, I am from Chicago. I had my wedding a few months back and paid $2000 for photos and video. The photographer lost the photos due to card malfunction. I signed a contract that covers them for "equipment failure". I think this is unprofessional and they are offering $300 compensation. I have lost all my wedding photos and I come from a southasian background where basically the entire wedding affair is about taking photos with the couple. All my relatives are asking for their photos. People who flew in from around the world and I have nothing. Please help me.

I assume there is no recovery service that might be able to help here? Are you saying the contract covers them for equipment failure in that they don't have to refund any money paid? Your contract would need to be followed - whatever it says.

You could always "try" suing in small claims court. It might be best in the future not to pay full cost until the pictures are delivered to you.

I signed a contract that covers them for "equipment failure".

Without reading the wording of the contract all I can say is that courts generally don't accept contractual terms that waive a party's own negligence.

I suggest filing suit for the $2000 in small claims court. It's cheap and informal and see how it goes.

I have lost all my wedding photos and I come from a southasian background where basically the entire wedding affair is about taking photos with the couple. All my relatives are asking for their photos. People who flew in from around the world and I have nothing.

I doubt that you have nothing. I'll bet that a lot of your guests took photos and maybe videos of your wedding. Call them up and ask for copies.

This happened to a cousin of mine many years ago when cameras used actual film and the film got destroyed. Different state but she did get her money back. If you signed a contract, you may have more difficulty, but I would at least ask them to reimburse what you paid.

Back