Paying a citation! Help!

John smith17000

Jurisdiction
Texas
Situation:
Hello, I'm John and live in DFW area in Texas. I'm 17 and received my liscence about a year ago. I also turned 17 on the 15nth of September. I have never received a ticket until a couple days ago. So apparently I didnt stop at a stop sign. I live in a a neighborhood where the police are a bit strict on giving tickets. A police man was parked around the corner and as I pulled up to the stop sign I didn't notice him. I creeped up (didn't make a full stop) but enough to realize I didn't make a full stop. So as I passed him he turned around and put his light on. I pull over and and later gives me a citation saying"ran a stop sign" like wtf? Ran is a very strong word when I creeped up knowing no one else was on any of the streets at the 4 way intersection.i parked about 3 houses down from where i live. At that point I'm furious and have no idea what I'm going to do.
Problem: I looked at the ticket and it said "ran a stop sign" the first thing after I saw that was to see if I had to bring my mom with me to pay it, so I read that I don't have to. Because Im 17 I'm able to show up by myself to pay the fine. I absolutely don't know if I should tell my mom or not.
Questions: So I don't know how much these citations are so how much are they to pay the fine and be done with it?
Will my mom be able to find out from them sending mail or anything?
Will this be permanent on my record?
Will anyone be able to see the citation if I apply for a job?
And what happens when I just show up to pay the fine?

Thank you for you time and cooperation for reading my issue. Please be helpful. This fine due date is in about a month.

Hello Jon :

You should research what is known as "Trial By Declaration" and challenge the ticket.

There is a good chance that you my be able to fight the ticket and win.

There are many examples, just "Google" it. i.e. Fighting Traffic Tickets.

Good Luck

Hello Jon :

You should research what is known as "Trial By Declaration" and challenge the ticket.

There is a good chance that you my be able to fight the ticket and win.

There are many examples, just "Google" it. i.e. Fighting Traffic Tickets.

Good Luck

I'm a Texas lawyer.

Trial by declaration doesn't exist in Texas, and about 40 other other states.

TBD is a creature of your California legal system.

TBD exists in about nine (9) states.

The world and this country is a very diverse place.

One size doesn't always fit all.

Trial By Declaration: Fight A Traffic Ticket Without Going To Court

Last edited:
Situation:
Hello, I'm John and live in DFW area in Texas. I'm 17 and received my liscence about a year ago. I also turned 17 on the 15nth of September. I have never received a ticket until a couple days ago. So apparently I didnt stop at a stop sign. I live in a a neighborhood where the police are a bit strict on giving tickets. A police man was parked around the corner and as I pulled up to the stop sign I didn't notice him. I creeped up (didn't make a full stop) but enough to realize I didn't make a full stop. So as I passed him he turned around and put his light on. I pull over and and later gives me a citation saying"ran a stop sign" like wtf? Ran is a very strong word when I creeped up knowing no one else was on any of the streets at the 4 way intersection.i parked about 3 houses down from where i live. At that point I'm furious and have no idea what I'm going to do.
Problem: I looked at the ticket and it said "ran a stop sign" the first thing after I saw that was to see if I had to bring my mom with me to pay it, so I read that I don't have to. Because Im 17 I'm able to show up by myself to pay the fine. I absolutely don't know if I should tell my mom or not.
Questions: So I don't know how much these citations are so how much are they to pay the fine and be done with it?
Will my mom be able to find out from them sending mail or anything?
Will this be permanent on my record?
Will anyone be able to see the citation if I apply for a job?
And what happens when I just show up to pay the fine?

Thank you for you time and cooperation for reading my issue. Please be helpful. This fine due date is in about a month.

Ask about taking an online traffic school.
It costs about$25.
It's very easy.
Upon completion of traffic school, the citation is dismissed.
Your record remains spotless.
You can take traffic school once every twelve months, so be careful.

Your other option is DEFERRED ADJUDICATION.
Ask about it.
Good luck.

Back