Need advice for gunshot victims

Peteysmom

Jurisdiction
Arkansas
on march 1st, 2022, my boyfriend(Justin) was out in my yard installing water lines when a guy we know(Christian) came up to our home with a pistol(9mm). we had been hearing gunshots, but wasn't quite sure who it was until then. he was waving it around towards me and my kids and when Justin asked him to stop, he said it wasn't loaded, pulled it back, and shot beside Justin's right foot. Justin yelled, "hey man, you almost shot me!" I left to call 911, and while I was on the phone with the dispatcher, I heard 2 more shots.justin had followed christian down the street trying to get the gun from him . justins brother(James) lives down the street from us, which is also the same way they were heading. James wasn't bothering anyone, just sitting in his truck waiting for someone to come boost him off. he opened his truck door as Christian was coming towards the truck, and Christian shot him in the stomache. Justin then yelled at him, saying he had shot his brother. Christian then shot Justin in the stomache, also. as I pulled up, I seen Justin and a boy(gauge, which is christians cousin) beating Christian. Justin yelled "baby, he shot me!" and he lifted his shirt and I saw where the bullet had hit him. James was lying face down beside his truck. He. also said that he had been shot. Sometime during that, Christian ran off. I yelled for someone to call 911, my phone battery was dead. 2 of my sister in laws arrived right after I did( we all live in the same area). a red truck came flying down the road, spinning rocks everywhere. christians stepdad(Johnny) jumped out of the truck, and demanded us to tell him where his son was. Gauge tried to explain to him what had happened, when Johnny punched gauge as hard as he could in the jaw. he then walked by James and was about to kick him in the head when my sister in law(Regina), and a witness(Timothy) stood in front of James and told him he better not even try it. while we were waiting on the police to arrive, Johnny was seen trying to gather bullet casings and looking for the pistol. when the police arrived, all they were worried about was why Christian was beat up. Officer Keys told us we couldn't move, we couldn't talk, he treated every one of us like criminals. Christian called the police and told them Justin and James were trying to Rob him and that he was acting in self defense(not true!). Justin was shot in the stomache and it went through his intestines and out his back. he was bleeding internally. Justin also suffered from bells palsy because of it. James was shot in his stomache and the bullet shattered his pelvic bone, leg bone, and some organ damage. the police have been extremely rude with us. christians court date was supposed to be April 4th. Justin went to court that morning, and officer Keys pushed him out of the court room. I went back inside the courthouse and talked to deputy lamb. he talked to officer keys, and keys said that Christian didn't have court that day, and that Justin was causing a scene, which is a lie. lamb then told me that when he found out when christians court date would be, he would personally deliver us papers( I have it recorded). we are having to deal with threats from christians family. my kids witnessed everything, they are traumatized. kids have been picking on them in school because of it. Justin has suffered not only physically, but mentally. James is just now starting to be able to walk again. what can we do? we are pretty sure the prosecutor has taken a pay off. there was nothing about the shooting on the news or anything. they're keeping it hush hush.

Last edited:
probably should have called the state police and had them investigate it. What you are talking about is a very weird situation and I am sure their is probably your side, their side, then the truth.

If you know the Sheriff then it might help discussing the situation with them as well. Hope everyone who took a bullet is okay and making a recovery.

on march 1st, 2022, my boyfriend(Justin) was out in my yard installing water lines when a guy we know(Christian) came up to our home with a pistol(9mm). we had been hearing gunshots, but wasn't quite sure who it was until then. he was waving it around towards me and my kids and when Justin asked him to stop, he said it wasn't loaded, pulled it back, and shot beside Justin's right foot. Justin yelled, "hey man, you almost shot me!" I left to call 911, and while I was on the phone with the dispatcher, I heard 2 more shots.justin had followed christian down the street trying to get the gun from him . justins brother(James) lives down the street from us, which is also the same way they were heading. James wasn't bothering anyone, just sitting in his truck waiting for someone to come boost him off. he opened his truck door as Christian was coming towards the truck, and Christian shot him in the stomache. Justin then yelled at him, saying he had shot his brother.

Christian then shot Justin in the stomache, also. as I pulled up, I seen Justin and a boy(gauge, which is christians cousin) beating Christian. Justin yelled "baby, he shot me!" and he lifted his shirt and I saw where the bullet had hit him. James was lying face down beside his truck. He. also said that he had been shot. Sometime during that, Christian ran off. I yelled for someone to call 911, my phone battery was dead. 2 of my sister in laws arrived right after I did( we all live in the same area). a red truck came flying down the road, spinning rocks everywhere.

christians stepdad(Johnny) jumped out of the truck, and demanded us to tell him where his son was. Gauge tried to explain to him what had happened, when Johnny punched gauge as hard as he could in the jaw. he then walked by James and was about to kick him in the head when my sister in law(Regina), and a witness(Timothy) stood in front of James and told him he better not even try it. while we were waiting on the police to arrive, Johnny was seen trying to gather bullet casings and looking for the pistol. when the police arrived, all they were worried about was why Christian was beat up.

Officer Keys told us we couldn't move, we couldn't talk, he treated every one of us like criminals. Christian called the police and told them Justin and James were trying to Rob him and that he was acting in self defense(not true!). Justin was shot in the stomache and it went through his intestines and out his back. he was bleeding internally. Justin also suffered from bells palsy because of it.

James was shot in his stomache and the bullet shattered his pelvic bone, leg bone, and some organ damage. the police have been extremely rude with us. christians court date was supposed to be April 4th. Justin went to court that morning, and officer Keys pushed him out of the court room. I went back inside the courthouse and talked to deputy lamb. he talked to officer keys, and keys said that Christian didn't have court that day, and that Justin was causing a scene, which is a lie. lamb then told me that when he found out when christians court date would be, he would personally deliver us papers( I have it recorded).

we are having to deal with threats from christians family. my kids witnessed everything, they are traumatized. kids have been picking on them in school because of it. Justin has suffered not only physically, but mentally. James is just now starting to be able to walk again. what can we do? we are pretty sure the prosecutor has taken a pay off. there was nothing about the shooting on the news or anything. they're keeping it hush hush.

I added in some white space to make it easier to read.

Back