My rights

TylerDl85

Jurisdiction
Oklahoma
My and wife of 7 years are separated not legally but living in separate homes. She took both kids when she left. I lost my job do to being laid off so can't afford an attorney. Now she is threatening to file a protective order again for thing I haven't done and she has no proof of. She is telling me I will not see my kids again and not letting my family see them what can or should I do. Please help

File for divorce. Seek custody or visitation. You don't need a lawyer. There are plenty of online guides to DIY divorce, probably forms and instructions on the court's website.

Get it done quick. Once you file and serve your petition you'll have the upper hand if she tries the restraining order route.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Keep in mind that people may threaten all types of legal action when they feel it important to get their way. That doesn't mean they will do it, just scare tactics. It's not limited to domestic issues such as divorce and family law but also civil law, where people will swear they will file a lawsuit in court in order to scare the other party silly. I don't know your situation and can't tell you whether your wife's concerns and statements may actually have any shred of truth. As @adjusterjack said you don't need an attorney to file for divorce if that is what you wish to do. You may also want to contact the local bar association to see whether they can suggest resources that may be of assistance. Good luck to you.

Back