My Neighbors are Constantly calling the police on us

C

cathy123

Jurisdiction
Ontario
Hi There,

I've been living at my house since 2009, and since then we have had horrible neighbors who haven't stopped bothering us. they call the police for the weirdest things. the other day they called the police on us, because by accident bottle of water fell in there yard, and they are claiming that, we did it on purpose. I explained to the officer that it went there by accident. i was playing fighting with my husband, and it accidentally went over there fence. The officer believed us, but the neighbors kept saying it was done intentionally to hit the neighbors wife in the head and started accusing us. They were making false accusations of my husband being drug addict and hes not. my husband comes from work my neighbors adult kids are on there bikes, waiting for my husband to leave the house to follow him to see where he goes. My neighbor also put up cameras on his property, and the last camera they put up is pointing to the hill, where my husband goes down to the corner store to play lottery and by cigarettes. its been years of them calling the police, and when we have people over my house they provoke them. they have been accusing my husband of being drug addict for years now, and i dont know what to do anymore. they talk to some neighbors on the street, and tell my neighbors false information about us, and tell them my husbands addict. I feel embarrassed to walk down my street, because of the things they said about my family. what do i do, its been going on for years now? can i go to lawyer and get restraining order on them? please help

any advice?

Yes. Take an axe. Give your neighbor 40 whacks. When the job is nicely done, give his widow 41.

I am so sorry about that but whenever I see Fall River, MA I can't resist a Lizzie Borden reference.

Anyway, I'll get serious now. I empathize because I lived next door to crappy neighbors for 11 years before I gave up, sold my house, and moved. I'm not suggesting that for you, although it is certainly worth considering.

Apparently, there's two types of restraining orders in MA, one for abuse and one for harassment. The Boston Municipal Court website has a brochure called "Am I eligible for a Restraining Order?"

Read it at:

http://www.mass.gov/courts/docs/forms/bmc/am-i-eligible.pdf

Where there are statutes cited, you should look them up and read them. You can find them at:

2015 Massachusetts General Laws

If it looks like you qualify for a restraining order then go to the following page and review all the forms and instructions. Once you've become familiar with them, go to your local municipal or county court websites for similar forms and instructions:

Restraining Order & Harassment

If a restraining order is not in the cards for you then your next step is to consult an attorney about the possibility of filing a lawsuit against your neighbors.

Back