My fiance's custody battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sfinkbeiner1

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Would it help my fiance get joint custody if we were married? They were not married when child was born?
The mother does everything in her power to keep any information from us. He has visitation already. She breaks court order regularly.
We are engaged. Would it help his case if we were a legally married and stood as a united front?
The child is 5 and we've been together since she was 1.
We need everything we can to use in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Triplicate post. Please post your question only once - thanks. (answered elsewhere)

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

9-3-15 army judge apparently removed OP's post with explanation of why 3 posts/threads started & then closed this thread.

Would it help my fiance get joint custody if we were married? They were not married when child was born?
The mother does everything in her power to keep any information from us. He has visitation already. She breaks court order regularly.
We are engaged. Would it help his case if we were a legally married and stood as a united front?
The child is 5 and we've been together since she was 1.
We need everything we can to use in this case.

Your marital status has no bearing on your your male friend's custody matters, just he has no impact on yours, if you had one.

That said, if either of you were convicted child molesters, that would tend to have a negative impact on the other.

That's not the case, so get married if you wish, but don't expect that to have any legal impact on his child custody case or yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back