My child is being kept from me...

S

SmivvyBeats

Jurisdiction
Rhode Island
A few weeks ago I was served with a restraining order. The order includes my ex girlfriend and my daughter. My ex has been cutting my time short with my daughter slwly over the past few months. At one point my daughter spent 4-5 nights a week with me, then it was cut to 3 nights, then 2 nights, now I'm not allowed to see my daughter at all because of this order. The order contains nothing but lies and the hearing was on 4/1. At the hearing I was notified theat my ex has filed for custody or our daughter and the restraining order has been extended to the date of that hearing, which is 5/31 because a different judge will be at the custody hearing, the judge for the restraining order just continued it and I didn't get to say a word in court. Now that is almost 2 more months before the possibility I get to see my daughter. I can't afford an attorney at the moment and I don't know what to do. I don't think it's fair for the restraining order to just be continued and my daughter be kept from me for 2 more months.

Without an attorney, there's nothing todo but obey the order.
With an attorney, chances are you'd have spent money to end up obeying the order.

Back