My Boss lied about my pay

Mkay000

Jurisdiction
Florida
Good afternoon !

I just had a quick question. When I was hired at my last place of employment I was told I would be making $400 - $700 a week. I received my first paycheck which luckily I quit my position because the owner/ my boss seemed very shady. When I got my first check it was only $189.00 He also took out $45 for my previous employment drug screen which I was never told was going to happen. I was a medical transporter and drove from sometimes 5:30 in the morning until sometimes almost 8 at night. I had to pay for my own gas and all of this money and time I put into work was basically for nothing. Is there anything that I can do?

Yes, you can thank your lucky leprechaun you no longer work for such a conman.

Beyond that, you could file a complaint with your state's labor and wage agency.

Unfortunately in Florida, that agency function is fulfilled by the federal agency, Dept. of Labor.

Plus, the money that MIGHT be recouped isn't significant enough to get anyone excited but you, the former employee.

If I were you, I'd look ahead of me, not behind me.

Since you worked in Fl., any wage claim will need to be filed with the federal DOL as noted by the other responder or just to mention it - another option is to file a small claim court action.

Back