Mom of step children unsure on what to do

Kindra31

Jurisdiction
Kansas
So. Been with my boyfriend going on 3 years met in Nebraska. Meeting him he was active duty in the army while he was working his wife took his kids,money,files,everything and ran to her mom's in kansas. While he was overseas she falsly filed in Nebraska for child support (fully married) he has been court ordered to pay $600 a month the past 3 years he has since then got out of the army and maintained a $9.00 hr job and had another child but with me. I have Had to bust my butt working 40 hrs a week past 3 years just to pay all the bills and afford our needs he works full time as well but for nothing they take 50% even if he found a $10-12 he job they would still take most because they are basing it off of $14.75 ha had tried for a reveiew and they pushed it to the side. Now that we have found out from kansas dcs that there is a sexual abuse case. And less than a year ago there was a neglect and abuse case on his wife and her bf for hitting the girls with tv cords but she ran to kansas so they couldn't do anything and kansas said it was irrwlant

Did you have a question? Because, quite frankly, his problems with his wife are none of your legal business.

So. Been with my boyfriend going on 3 years met in Nebraska. Meeting him he was active duty in the army while he was working his wife took his kids,money,files,everything and ran to her mom's in kansas. While he was overseas she falsly filed in Nebraska for child support (fully married) he has been court ordered to pay $600 a month the past 3 years he has since then got out of the army and maintained a $9.00 hr job and had another child but with me. I have Had to bust my butt working 40 hrs a week past 3 years just to pay all the bills and afford our needs he works full time as well but for nothing they take 50% even if he found a $10-12 he job they would still take most because they are basing it off of $14.75 ha had tried for a reveiew and they pushed it to the side. Now that we have found out from kansas dcs that there is a sexual abuse case. And less than a year ago there was a neglect and abuse case on his wife and her bf for hitting the girls with tv cords but she ran to kansas so they couldn't do anything and kansas said it was irrwlant

What does "fully married" mean? Did you post on the other thread too? How did she falsely file in Nebraska? If she was still a resident she could file. He could've gone to court and asked for it to be lowered after his income changed. How would they base it off $14.75 an hour when we don't get paid hourly in the Army?

What the hell is your question? Why didn't you just post this in the other thread?

It's not your business. Let him deal with it. You aren't even married so why are you still there? Why would you be with this guy when he had all this crap? Now you have a kid with him...smh. I'm not perfect but holy crap.

Man I wish I got $600 a month. I can't even get the $86 a month and half of daycare...

You aren't legally involved in this so back off of it.

Legally these are his issues to deal with. He should consult an Attorney so he knows his legal rights. If the children are being abused I would suggest he petition for custody but he should discuss this with his Attorney first. The state jumping poses a problem but an Attorney can help him jump through the hoops.

Step Parents and legal forums | Parent Nook

Legally these are his issues to deal with. He should consult an Attorney so he knows his legal rights. If the children are being abused I would suggest he petition for custody but he should discuss this with his Attorney first. The state jumping poses a problem but an Attorney can help him jump through the hoops.

Step Parents and legal forums | Parent Nook
And this was all i needed a direction to tell him to go. People here may think my question is stupid and that's fine idc. Not everyone here even knows all the story so you all can judge of you want. Not more comments are needed for this thread. Appreciate it shrinkmaster

And this was all i needed a direction to tell him to go. People here may think my question is stupid and that's fine idc. Not everyone here even knows all the story so you all can judge of you want. Not more comments are needed for this thread. Appreciate it shrinkmaster
Maybe you should tell the entire story so people can help you out more. You really didn't know that your husband had to talk to a lawyer? Seriously?

Maybe if you didn't post in two threads and ask asinine questions or had your husband do it himself...and people will comment as much as they like. You are not in charge of the Internet lady.

Back