Modification of Parenting time for Non Custodial who lives out of state

jcfrye117

Jurisdiction
Oregon
I am noncustodial parent living several hundred miles from my children (due to circumstance) it began couple of years ago I had support modified due to my serious health problem, and which has left me permanently disabled.
there has never been good relationship between me and my ex, I have tried numerous times to appease her and she has totally completely been uncooperative. I felt it was best to agree during mediation to no contact with them per my ex's request says it is to hard on them (until they are 18) My question is how can I get parenting time modified so that I can leave the line of communication open to my teen children, and to be able to find out how their schooling and health are.

My question is how can I get parenting time modified so that I can leave the line of communication open to my teen children, and to be able to find out how their schooling and health are.

You must return to venue before the forum which created the order you now wish to challenge, petitioning the court to hear your motion seeking to now establish communication such that you can be informed about the well being and progress of your minor children.

You must return to venue before the forum which created the order you now wish to challenge, petitioning the court to hear your motion seeking to now establish communication such that you can be informed about the well being and progress of your minor children.
what does it mean when they want show cause for best interest of the children

You need to explain how it is in the best interest of the children to have contact with you and for you to receive information about them. This should not be difficult unless the contact was ended due to abusive behavior on your part. It is generally best for children to have both parents involved in their lives.

thanks, no abusiveness , just a evil ex who made it difficult on all of us, which has cause a lot of heartache

If you aren't allowed to reestablish minimum contacts with your children you can do what a few others in your position have done (are doing).

Each day a man I know writes a letter (putting pen and ink to paper) and composes three letters, one for each child. He's been doing this daily for the last five years.

Every birthday, Christmas, and other special days he buys each one a card, penning a special greeting to each child. His garage is so full of gifts, he's built a small room in his home to safely store what he calls his family legacy.

I drafted a will that I, or my firm, will open in probate upon his demise. He has also established a substantial trust account for each child.

All in all, it's a very sad story, and I hope you can find a way to repair what another person broke. If not, one day in the future, the truth will be known.

I wish you peace and healing.

Back