Mini Tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluejenna

Hello, I was in an accident. I got hit from behind. My deductible is for $500.00 Which can not be waived according to my insurance company. They told me to file a mini tort to get the money from the girl's insurance. I have no idea how to do this or where to start. Do I need a lawyer ro is this something I can do my self? Is it going to cost me? I have to go to court on Spt 8 because she is fighting this. Can I file this than? Any help I can get would be great. Thanks, Teresa :eek:

You would file in your local small claims court if she is from your area. Probably the same court and the clerk can give you the forms.

you don't need a lawyer for this. contact court clerk they should tell you what to do asap.

I am actually a little surprised they told you that. Last time I had an issue the insurance company got my deductable back for me when they went after their money. Do you have the other driver's insurance info? If so then you can try filing a claim against her insurance instead of yours.

Hello, Well I was told to file a mini tort through her insurance company which I called and they told me I can't file one because a mini tort is not covered under her insurance. AAA told me it is mandatory for Michigan and is included in her policy. So who do I believe? Does anyone know where I can find the law s for Michigan so I can see it black and white.? I guess I will have to take her to small claims court to get this done. Can I than sue her for my court costs and missing work? Thanks for any replies! :) Teresa

bluejenna said:
Hello, Well I was told to file a mini tort through her insurance company which I called and they told me I can't file one because a mini tort is not covered under her insurance. AAA told me it is mandatory for Michigan and is included in her policy. So who do I believe? Does anyone know where I can find the law s for Michigan so I can see it black and white.? I guess I will have to take her to small claims court to get this done. Can I than sue her for my court costs and missing work? Thanks for any replies! :) Teresa
Did you speak to the clerk of the court? There are also sometimes publications that might be online regarding these common occurrences in small claims court. Some states and counties have caught on that it really helps with administration to simply post this information and prevent the dozens of phone calls. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back