marriage/child support

G

glenda13

Jurisdiction
Texas
I have a boyfriend I Have been with for 4 years he has a child support open he doesn't pay for it bc he says child isnt his. Question is can we get married in the future because do to vhild support noy being payed he received a letter were they will take anything under his name as payment. If Wr get married will court be able to take my stuff away ??

Anything you will own jointly is fair game: cars, home, bank accounts, tax refunds, etc.

So make sure you keep everything separate and compute your potential tax withholding so it doesn't generate any refunds. If there's a court order in place the state will intercept the refunds.

I have a boyfriend I Have been with for 4 years he has a child support open he doesn't pay for it bc he says child isnt his. Question is can we get married in the future because do to vhild support noy being payed he received a letter were they will take anything under his name as payment. If Wr get married will court be able to take my stuff away ??

Marriage is very hard.
There are many fish in the sea of love.

Run, don't walk away from the deadbeat.

No matter what you do, no matter what the law says, he'll have you supporting him and his crumb crushers.

As stated anything you two jointly own IE: bank accounts, cars home etc, can be taken. If you two do marry put nothing in both names. In addition I would give careful thought to marriage based on your post. In my signature line is a link (ParentNook) its a parenting and relationship forum. you might find others who have dealt with similar issues who can give you some advice on where this is heading for you. ParentNook is hosted by this site so this is not a spam post

Back