Judgement income execution

L

Lpnmommie

Jurisdiction
New York
I received an income execution on a judgment not in my legal name but with my social security number it is from 2/2004 I received not one word or notice until 7/2026 I plan on filing to show just cause and a TRO is there anything else I should do

I received an income execution on a judgment not in my legal name but with my social security number it is from 2/2004 I received not one word or notice until 7/2026 I plan on filing to show just cause and a TRO is there anything else I should do

If I were you, I'd initiate a search to determine the court where the matter was originally tried.
When/If I located that court, I'd gather/collect all the documents available about the case.
I'd review those documents, so as to familiarize myself with the original case.
Once I acquired that knowledge, I'd consider options available to me, BEFORE I acted.

Why?

Because, it may already be too late to stop the confiscatory efforts.
There is, however, one general exception.
If you were to file a bankruptcy, you could stall, if not thwart the confiscation of your funds, FOREVER!

If the judgment indicates your SS, but not your legal name, you could have been another victim of the all too ubiquitous, but ever so vile, identity theft & its attendant fraud!!!

If I were you, I'd initiate a search to determine the court where the matter was originally tried.
When/If I located that court, I'd gather/collect all the documents available about the case.
I'd review those documents, so as to familiarize myself with the original case.
Once I acquired that knowledge, I'd consider options available to me, BEFORE I acted.

Why?

Because, it may already be too late to stop the confiscatory efforts.
There is, however, one general exception.
If you were to file a bankruptcy, you could stall, if not thwart the confiscation of your funds, FOREVER!

If the judgment indicates your SS, but not your legal name, you could have been another victim of the all too ubiquitous, but ever so vile, identity theft & its attendant fraud!!!
I just left the court after filing to show just cause, saw copy of original judgement Server claims to have given it to a woman approx 5 ft with black hair and brown skin age 41-50 weighing 100-124lbs in 2003 when it first was served I was on my 30s always had brown hair and white skin Judgement not in my legal name (haven't used maiden name since 1992) does have correct last 4 of my social . I don't even know if I owned a computer in 2003? Waiting for a judge to sign order.... Now what

I just left the court after filing to show just cause, saw copy of original judgement Server claims to have given it to a woman approx 5 ft with black hair and brown skin age 41-50 weighing 100-124lbs in 2003 when it first was served I was on my 30s always had brown hair and white skin Judgement not in my legal name (haven't used maiden name since 1992) does have correct last 4 of my social . I don't even know if I owned a computer in 2003? Waiting for a judge to sign order.... Now what

It's not uncommon for process servers to lie.

You've probably been victimized by a lying process server.

Bankruptcy will forestall any judgment.

Otherwise, you now have to file a motion to vacate the judgment based upon false (or invalid) service of process.

In NY, read below:
Attorney General Cuomo Sues To Throw Out Over 100,000 Faulty Judgments Entered Against New York Consumers In Next Stage Of Debt Collection Investigation | www.ag.ny.gov
Erin Servs. Co., LLC. v Bohnet
Faulty Service on Defunct LLC Spells Trouble for Judgment Creditor – IL 1st Dist.

Thank you!!! I am pretty sure it was an order to vacate judgement because it had 2 parts 1 to show just cause I had to fill out reason why I did not answer. This judgement is from 2003 the income execution was the first time (2016) that I became aware of this.

Thank you!!! I am pretty sure it was an order to vacate judgement because it had 2 parts 1 to show just cause I had to fill out reason why I did not answer. This judgement is from 2003 the income execution was the first time (2016) that I became aware of this.

Super, so now you wait for a judge to put the kabosh on those sleazy scammers.

Update us whenever you learn more.
Good luck.

Back