Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft I did shoplifting worth of $200... i dont know what should i do please help

Diya

Jurisdiction
Alabama
Hi please help me i have caught for shoplifting. This is my frist time i have done this.. i dont know what yo do... i am so scared help me please. .. i have daughter i am single mom... i have no record of doing fraud in previous... yesterday i did and i get caught. I dont have any papers from the cops he said that check after 1 week wheather i have arrest warrent or no... i was having daughter with me so he let me go home but he said check in week for warrent... please help me how do i know that i have arrest warrent on my name or if they will take away my daughter or they will give me jail... please help i am ashamed of myself... i will never do it agian please help me anyone.

The time to have worried was BEFORE you committed the crime.

It's doubtful that you'll be jailed, but you probably will end up with a criminal record. You need to start thinking about getting yourself an attorney since the police are already involved.

I am so sorry... but he dint give me any paper and why did he said that check after a week for arrest warrent??? Is arrest warrent take a week procedure? ??

I am so sorry... but he dint give me any paper and why did he said that check after a week for arrest warrent??? Is arrest warrent take a week procedure? ??
Please tell me how can i not put this in my record... give me any suggestions please

Please tell me how can i not put this in my record... give me any suggestions please

Sorry, it will ding your criminal record, if you're arrested, much less convicted.
People say expungement helps, truthfully, it rarely does what people claim it will do, erase the vile stain that will always mark you as a thief.

You can inquire of an attorney about diversionary sentencing programs.

The good news is that you are free.

You haven't been arrested.
I doubt that you will be arrested.

You'll more than likely recve a demand lettr for a couple hundred dollars from the store's attorney.

Pay them the hush money, they'll leave you be.

Thank you, army judg...i really appreciate your feedback... so can i call the store and ask of they sogned warrent on me or no???

The store doesn't sign anything.

The police are involved so you may be charged criminally - no one can say for sure because it depends on many factors.

One thing that may happen, as the Judge stated, is that you will be asked to pay a civil demand which is usually in lieu of criminal charges.

You just have to wait and see what happens.

However, if you do get charged criminally you will need an attorney.

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. You should get two mailings.

1. Civil Demand from stores Law Firm. I always recommend my clients pay this unless fighting charge. More on this here

A recent writing of mine - Parent Nook Forums

Civil Recovery

2. A letter on when to appear in court. Dont call store they have nothing to do with this now. Appear in court plead not guilty and hire a Lawyer or request public defender. When you meet this Lawyer ask about options like ACD or Diversion to protect your record. If your child was with you when this happened this could provoke additional charges and a Children's Services case being opened.

You need to wait & see if you are criminally charged. If you are, you will need to get a lawyer. If you cannot afford one, when you go to court plead not guilty & ask for a public defender. (a PD is a lawyer.) You can ask the lawyer/PD about any programs that might protect your record.

You most likely will receive a civil demand letter in the mail. You might want to consider paying. If you don't, there "could be" consequences. Most of the time if you pay the civil demand, no further action will be taken against you. (There is no way we can say for sure though.)

Thank you, army judg...i really appreciate your feedback... so can i call the store and ask of they sogned warrent on me or no???

You're welcome, mate!

I THINK, I don't KNOW, that you won't be arrested.

I THINK, don't KNOW, that you'll receive a civil demand.

I have been told that if you quickly pay the FULL amount of HUSH money demanded, the store will leave you be, FREE to live in peace and prosperity,

Thank you all, so i will wait for my civil demand...if i get... i will pay and ask for PD thank you so much all it feel relaxed that i will not be arrested and i will definitely pay civil demand. .. and ask for program so that it wont charged in my record... i become so selfise in my daughter love that i tried to do shoplifting but know i realise that it can depart my daughter and my ex can ask for passaision... and if that happen i will be broke form.inside..i love my daughter so much please pray for me guys ..i am sorry i know you don't knew me but asking for prayer please... thank you for feedback it relaxed my mind allot thank you all.

Back