Husband got DUI on Felony Probation

Luvn2h8u

Jurisdiction
Texas
First let me give a short background, my husband has a very long rap sheet in the state of California for multiple crimes, most violent. he is a second striker in Ca. We moved to Texas and my husband had charges brought against him in CA. Long story short he went back to CA to face the charges and ended up on felony probation and signed for 6 years. CA allowed him to come back home to TX to serve his probation and be "supervised" by TX for his probation. He was a month shy of completing his probation, has been a model probationer paid all fees and fines and all drug testing. Well two nights ago he got arrested for a DUI and open container. He hasn't told his PO yet. What does this mean for him, is he mandatory jail time? Would he have to go to Ca to serve the 6 years?

First let me give a short background, my husband has a very long rap sheet in the state of California for multiple crimes, most violent. he is a second striker in Ca. We moved to Texas and my husband had charges brought against him in CA. Long story short he went back to CA to face the charges and ended up on felony probation and signed for 6 years. CA allowed him to come back home to TX to serve his probation and be "supervised" by TX for his probation. He was a month shy of completing his probation, has been a model probationer paid all fees and fines and all drug testing. Well two nights ago he got arrested for a DUI and open container. He hasn't told his PO yet. What does this mean for him, is he mandatory jail time? Would he have to go to Ca to serve the 6 years?

You must keep things in perspective.
He should report the latest arrest to his PO no later than Monday.
He will be required to address his Texas charge first, unless Texas decides to nolle prossequi it, and send him back to CA.
His future is in the hands of the Texas court, his PO, and some CA probation official.

More than likely, if he's convicted of the DUI, he'll get a fine, court costs, additional fees, community service, more probation, and lose his driving privilege.

California will ignore it, if his PO doesn't howl, his CA probation will end, and he'll be dealing with the vestiges of a DUI.

I'm just guessing mind you.
He'll have to play the hand he dealt himself to know.

He needs to fix himself.
He's running out of chances.

Back