How to get non parental custody or visitation

kayladyke

Jurisdiction
Missouri
My girlfriend and i were in the process of adopting her sister 4 month old baby well her sister signed her rights over to my girlfriend( her sister) well she is almost 3 now weve had her the whole time ive paid for everything for that lil girl, her name is even on my apartment lease ive claimed her on taxes. Well now my girlfriend and i are spliting up and she wont let me see her. I want to know what i can do, because ive stepped up and became her father. Please help me

Neither of you had (or have) any parental rights to that child.

Her birth other just can't sign away her maternal rights, either.

Children are chattel, to be sold, bartered, or passed along like an old microwave when you buy a new one.

You can consider your financial contributions as gifts.

Your friend has no parental rights, either.

Neither of you ever had parental rights to a human being.

I suggest you chalk the whole sordid episode up to a learning experience and don't get involved in similar predicaments ever again.

If you're interested in adopting or fostering children, there are many legitimate agencies available to assist you.

Doesn't matter. If court and putative Dad were not involved, it was just a couple of pieces of paper.

Bless you for wanting to see the child. Things like this are very confusing and hurtful to children who don't understand. Legally there is nothing you can do. Try to make nice with your ex-girlfriend and try to get her to at least let you withdraw from the child's life gradually. If you can't speak with her, perhaps there is a mutual friend or family member who can speak with her on your behalf and explain how hurtful this is for the child. Good luck.

Back