Home inspection

A

Ashleyp

Jurisdiction
Ohio
We have standard visitations over my boyfriends one year old daughter. Her mother has requested a home inspection because she said it is illegal for the one year old girl to share a room with us because her father is a male and she is a female. Is there any truth to this or should we moved her or our bed out of the room we have 2 other children already and someone has to share a room. What is the legal standings on the kids sharing rooms or sharing with a parent

We have standard visitations over my boyfriends one year old daughter. Her mother has requested a home inspection because she said it is illegal for the one year old girl to share a room with us because her father is a male and she is a female. Is there any truth to this or should we moved her or our bed out of the room we have 2 other children already and someone has to share a room. What is the legal standings on the kids sharing rooms or sharing with a parent

There is no law anywhere in the United States that criminalizes poverty.
Yes, many parents can afford a bedroom for each child.
If some parents can't afford a bedroom for each child, children share bedrooms.
As long as the children are clean, fed, clothed, educated, loved, protected, and watched carefully; you are not breaking any laws in Ohio or any of the other 49 states of this nation.

If I were you, I'd stop communicating with the busy body, meddling, mother of the child that is your friend's child.

However, unmarried males who father children have no rights to those children until they establish paternity through the courts, establish child support through the courts, and request a visitation schedule through the courts.

In Ohio, this agency will help your friend establish paternity, set yup child support, and get visitation.

Get the paternity test done first, because statistics say that 33 to 45% of unmarried males are not the fathers they were told they were of the children that aren't biologically theirs.

Ohio paternity testing by the state:
\
\
\
In Ohio, paternity may be established by filing a "parentage" action in juvenile court, by requesting the county Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) to do an administrative determination of paternity (based on DNA testing), or by the mother and biological father signing a voluntary acknowledgment of paternity affidavit. In addition, if a child is born during the mother's marriage or within 300 days after termination of her marriage, the husband is legally presumed to be the father of the child.
'
'
'
ODJFS Online | Office of Child Support
]
]
]

;
;
;
OSBA | Paternity Proceeding Establishes Parent-Child Relationship

I don't see anything wrong here as you posted the question.

Was your boyfriend (the Father) married to the Mother at the time of the child's birth? If not, paternity will have to be established by DNA testing & through the court system for the Father to have any rights in regard to the child.

It is not unusual for a one year old to sleep in the same room as a parent. Babies that young often still wake up at night. That doesn't mean a home inspection will not be performed if the mother has other concerns.

You don't have any visitation. He does. And no it's not illegal to have kids share a room.

Back