Hit and Run Driver Threatening to Sue?

hi_jinx123

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
We are located in California,

My wife took a trip to Wisconsin and rented a car there.

Her rental car was parked in a driveway at a friend's house.

A private rented bus reversed in the driveway and hit the rear of her car.

She saw the accident but the driver claimed he didn't hit her car and left.

She took a picture of the bus and saw red paint matching her rental car.

My wife called the police to report a hit and run and reported him and the license plate.

She then reported the incident to the rental company

she also third third-party insurance through booking.com on which she started a claim on.

The insurance company has all the documents such as the police report, rental invoice, and pictures of the damages.

Unfortunately, there were no witnesses as it was late at night or camera footage.

Now he is saying if she doesn't remove the police report, he will sue my wife.

What are my options here?

We are located in California,

My wife took a trip to Wisconsin and rented a car there.

Her rental car was parked in a driveway at a friend's house.

A private rented bus reversed in the driveway and hit the rear of her car.

She saw the accident but the driver claimed he didn't hit her car and left.

She took a picture of the bus and saw red paint matching her rental car.

My wife called the police to report a hit and run and reported him and the license plate.

She then reported the incident to the rental company

she also third third-party insurance through booking.com on which she started a claim on.

The insurance company has all the documents such as the police report, rental invoice, and pictures of the damages.

Unfortunately, there were no witnesses as it was late at night or camera footage.

Now he is saying if she doesn't remove the police report, he will sue my wife.

Sue your wife for what exactly? How strong do you feel your evidence is? Preps always try to sue the victims of their stupidity. I am not sure if they have ever won one of them. Maybe once or twice out of a thousand.

You don't have any; this has nothing to do with you.

As for your wife, she can either acquiesce to the bus driver's threat or not (although I'm honestly not sure what "remove the police report" might mean), but that seems so obvious that I can't really believe that's what you intended to ask.

There is virtually zero chance that your wife's making of a police report gave rise to a viable cause of action by the bus driver, and I seriously doubt that he's going to file a suit in Wisconsin against your wife (a California resident).

Back