help with 22348b citation

mortonconst

Jurisdiction
California
I was cited for 22348b yesterday while i was on an overpass (71 southbound to 60 eastbound overpass). The officer said that he paced me and noted on my citation 105+. I have never fought a ticket before and i am looking for some advice. i had read that it is possible that i should have been cited for 22405a since i was on an overpass while the infraction happened. my goal is to either get the ticket dismissed or reduced to under 100mph. Is this even worth fighting?

i was cited for 22348b while riding my motorcycle yesterday. i have never fought a ticket before and it has been years since i have been cited for speeding. the officer stated that he paced me. the infraction occurred while i was on the overpass from the 71 southbound to the 60 eastbound in Pomona CA. my citation does not indicate how my speed was determined. under "speed approx" it says 105+. my questions is, is this even worth fighting? the citation was issued by a motorcycle CHP. he stated that he had been following me since i got onto the 71 freeway. i was on the 71 for a few miles before i entered the overpass. i was splitting lanes at a very safe speed while i was on the 71. i was within traffic and splitting lanes while approaching the overpass. i accelerated to put myself into an open lane before i entered the "turn" of the overpass. i maintained my speed through the turn and immediately began to decelerate once the overpass straightened out and began to merge into the 60 eastbound. as i was attempting to merge, i heard the sirens and as i turned my head to look, i saw the officer next to me pointing to me to pull over. i immediately pulled over and told to sit on the side of the freeway. from that point, i was issued the citation. i am sure that i was in excess of the 65mph speed limit, however, i do not believe that i was in excess of 100mph as the office stated. however, i was not in a position to monitor my speedometer as i was executing a long sweeping turn that was "blind". my goal is to either get the citation dismissed or at the very least, get it reduced to a violation under 100mph. any advice would be helpful.

Splitting lanes? You're lucky you didn't get a ticket for that too.

Why don't you read the statutes you quoted instead of just going on what you "heard".

No on is going to argue your case for you or do homework for you. It's easy enough to look up and read the statutes you mentioned.

Considering the seriousness of the charge against you I suggest you retain legal counsel.

Back