Help a father

josephposs

Jurisdiction
Georgia
My question is as follows. Im a father of two girls. I have paid child support fir years to their mother. She doesnt allow me to see the girls unless she gets what she wants when she wants it. She has threatened to kill me, kill herself in front of our girls, burn my house down and cause harm to our children. How should i approach this and how can i afford too?

My question is as follows. Im a father of two girls. I have paid child support fir years to their mother. She doesnt allow me to see the girls unless she gets what she wants when she wants it. She has threatened to kill me, kill herself in front of our girls, burn my house down and cause harm to our children. How should i approach this and how can i afford too?

If you're giving MONEY to the mother of your children without a child support order issued by a court, all of that money is nothing but a series of gifts.

You need to go to court and make sure a valid child support order is rendered. You can also request court ordered visitation during the same hearing.

The state will arrange it for you.
It won't cost you anything, just the court ordered monthly support.

Heres's where you get started and who you contact:

Division of Child Support Services | Georgia Department of Human Services

You can also call the GA Division of Child Support Services: 1-800-436-7442

I have a court order and he asked if i got to see my children. I told him the situation and he stated i need to get my children away from her. My problem with that is funds. I work a job where i am bringing home after taxes and child support 230 dollars a week. After bills i have very little left. It is under court order.

I have a court order and he asked if i got to see my children. I told him the situation and he stated i need to get my children away from her. My problem with that is funds. I work a job where i am bringing home after taxes and child support 230 dollars a week. After bills i have very little left. It is under court order.

If you're afraid the woman will harm herself, call the police.
You can be outside the residence while the police investigate and you might be allowed by child services to take emergency custody of the child if their mother gets taken to the hospital.

Another option s to call child services, report what she said, and volunteer to care for the children while the matter is investigated.

Warning: when the authorities get involved not everyone likes the outcomes.

he asked if i got to see my children. I told him the situation and he stated i need to get my children away from her

Who is "he"? Are any of her threats witnessed or documented? How old are the girls? Does she have a history of mental illness or psychological issues?

You need to speak with a lawyer and while you can get low cost or free assistance through legal aid or a law school clinic, these kinds of situations call for a bit more specialized expertise. Start with the clinics/legal aid, but be prepared that they might refer you to another attorney.

Girls are 10 and 14. I have called the police about her and they did nothing. They went out spoke to her and nothing was done. I have a total of twelve hundred text of these threats and suicide attempts. At age 17 she did take a bottle of perscrpition pills. She tried committing suicide. Her mother is an ems trainer and gave her something that made her throw up the pills and never took her to the er.

he asked if i got to see my children. I told him the situation and he stated i need to get my children away from her

Who is "he"? Are any of her threats witnessed or documented? How old are the girls? Does she have a history of mental illness or psychological issues?

You need to speak with a lawyer and while you can get low cost or free assistance through legal aid or a law school clinic, these kinds of situations call for a bit more specialized expertise. Start with the clinics/legal aid, but be prepared that they might refer you to another attorney.
He is the judge that i saw in court when child support was set.

Im asking what is the best rout for me to take at this point? I am oit of options and im seeking any imput that may help me get my children from this woman. I dont like being ugly about things but at this point im out of options and need help. What should i do thats within my budget. Im willing to do about anything. I love my children more then life. I want whats best for them and i think thats away from her.

Im asking what is the best rout for me to take at this point? I am oit of options and im seeking any imput that may help me get my children from this woman. I dont like being ugly about things but at this point im out of options and need help. What should i do thats within my budget. Im willing to do about anything. I love my children more then life. I want whats best for them and i think thats away from her.
I need an attorney thats not going to rob my bank but will help me fight this battle. Please im asking for help.

Back