Harrasment

Semaj

Jurisdiction
New York
Hi i'm being harassed on Facebook. This person is sending me threats on how hes going to beat me up. Some of the things he said to be exact are "ill go to stony to fuck you up" and "next time i see you dont worry ill deck you for real". Stony is the school i'll be attending next year for college. Hes also harassing me tell how i'm ugly,sped(special education),inbred(which i'm not),loser. He also told me to kill my self. I feel very emotional conflicted and am scared for my safety is there anything i can do legally. Thank you.

Hi i'm being harassed on Facebook. This person is sending me threats on how hes going to beat me up. Some of the things he said to be exact are "ill go to stony to fuck you up" and "next time i see you dont worry ill deck you for real". Stony is the school i'll be attending next year for college. Hes also harassing me tell how i'm ugly,sped(special education),inbred(which i'm not),loser. He also told me to kill my self. I feel very emotional conflicted and am scared for my safety is there anything i can do legally. Thank you.

Report the naughty, nasty, off color,threatening comments to FaceBook administrators.

Here's the link:

Bullying | Facebook Help Center | Facebook

As far as legal, let it go.
Block the bully, ignore the bully, live your life.

I assume this is someone you know and not just a random internet troll? If so, how do you know this person? School? If so, take screenshots to your administrator or guidance counselor. If work, do the same with HR/the manager. Have you told your parents? They need to know. If this is another kid, perhaps your parents can have a chat with their parents. It is also possible to file a police report and if the threats are credible, get a restraining order. You will need your parents' assistance for that as you are under 18.

If it is a RIT, block and report to FB.

As stated above, you should certainly speak to your parents. You may wish to report it to the police as well. Response will probably be quicker and evidence preserved. I mentioned the police because these are threats of violence by what seems to be a familiar person. The police station / precinct in the area should suffice to file a report.

Back