Harassment on facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrzjovi

I am no longer friends with a person but have mutal friends on facebook who are with this person. I made a comment on my friends page about something and then the person i am no longer friends with started with me verbally on his page when i did nothing to her at all. i told her to stop and she kept at me making comments about my weight ect. i then found out last night she went on her page made a comment using my first and last name saying i am a shoplifter. i made a mistake last february with that and it has been settled to a noise oridance and court is fully paid off for that mistake and never again would i do it. this person has wish death to my best friend through text messages and used my best friends name too on her page, my question is do i have a right to get her on harasment or slander.

There is nothing unlawful for making "truthful" statements. If you were arrested for shoplifting then this person is not lieing. Now this i sticks n stones really but you can contact facebook staff to see if they can do anything at all. Far as threatening text messages contact Police

Okay but for her to use my first and last name is wrong and for her saying she wished my best friend would die of a heart attack in text messages and when she has called me fat, ect ect when i haven't started with her.

I have contacted facebook in the past and they have done nothing in the past i will try again just makes me upset thats all she has done other things to me to

You can charge them with harrassment,,make screen shots and be sure you have said nothing to her.If you have and she can prove it you will be charged as well.her defense Attorney will do this to get you to back off.these are criminal charges.Did this 2 weeks ago,in court.All it takes is one statement,doesnt matter if its true or not,talking about you and using your name is harrassment.If she says she will harm you its a different charge,terroristic threat.I did this in May 2012.If someone is harrassing you,dont answer.just screen shot and go to local Police.

Last edited:
Hi Marilyn and welcome to the forums!

You're answering a thread that's 3 years old though - it's probably best to keep with the current threads.

Your statements are also a little misleading. You might want to clarify next time, because they're not quite accurate for the original thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back