getting divorce

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I have possession of the car thats in both of our names. She hasnt paid anything on the car and has no keys to the car. I have the card that was used to pay on the vehicle n she has acouple of the receipts with my bfs card numbers on it but has no access to the card and i have the proof of the transactions and the card they were paid with. what i would like to know is who will get the car from the divorce.

I am wondering who will get the vehicle during the divorce. We r both on the title to the vehicle. I have possession of the vehicle and both of the keys to the vehicle she has nothing. I have proof of all the payments along with the card used to pay the payments she has acouple of receipts that have the last 4 digits of the card i used to pay it but has no access to the card since its my boyfriends card he allowed me to use it to pay the payment n she has no access to the card used cause my boyfreind has a restrainging order on her and i have all the transactions printed out i have the card and the receipts to the vehicle along with the vehicle n the keys to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll have to wait until the judge decides.
All anyone can do is guess, husband or wife.

I am wondering who will get the vehicle during the divorce.

A lot depends on what other assets have to be divided between you.

You may have made the payments but you income is the income of the marital community so both of you have an equal interest in the car.

If there is any equity in the car, that will be an issue. If there is no equity or the market value of the car is less than what's owed, it may depend on who is willing and able, or who wants to continue paying.

By the way, incredibly bad idea putting your email address out there for all the world to see.

well both are girls

Don't ask, don't tell.

Husband-wife
Wife-wife
Husband-husband
Master-slave
Mommy-mommy
Daddy-daddy
Mommy-daddy
Him-N-him
Her-N-her
Her-N-him
Sister wives-lovin-him
Brother husbands-lovin-them
Shim-she

Whatever gender pronoun(s) you wanna be,
Not gonna get a peep outta me,
Man loving man, go for it,
Woman lovin woman, if that's your bit,
Born a her, livin' as a he,
Once you were Jim, now you is a she,
Each to their own, or as many as you wish,
You does you with a swish,
I'm gonna sit right here lookin' the other way,
In you life I don't want no say!!!!!

If the law says its legal, it's legal.
No quarrel with whomever, whatever, however, what'sunever!!!!

Answer is the same.
If you were married, your divorce will settle those details.

If you were never married, better work it out.
Why?
Because the court takes no notice of your status, because there was never a marriage contract.

Back