Foundation Warranty

Connor Horn

Jurisdiction
Texas
When we purchased our house in 2021 before we closed the seller completed foundation work that was needed from the inspection. Now the house is settling again, but when I try to get ahold of the company the number is disconnected and website no longer up. From further sleuthing online it looks like they moved the business from Texas to Louisiana. I'm assuming since the warranty is under a slightly different business name and since they are no longer in the state we are pretty much SOL. Is there anything we can do?

In other words, the company that did the work is no longer in business. Yeah, it sounds like you're out of luck there.

when I try to get ahold of the company the number is disconnected and website no longer up.

I assume "the company" refers to the contractor who did the foundation work in 2021. Correct?

From further sleuthing online it looks like they moved the business from Texas to Louisiana. . . . [T]he warranty is under a slightly different business name

What exactly does this mean? Who are "they"?

I think what you're saying is something like the following:

The contractor who did the work was ZYX Contracting, Inc., a Texas corporation, and that contractor gave a warranty. You ran a taxable entity search at the website of the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts and discovered that this company is no longer active. You also discovered that the same individuals (?) are operating a company called XYZ Contracting, Inc., a Louisiana corporation.

Is that all correct (aside from the made up names)? If not, please correct whatever information I got wrong.

Back