False Statements about me to another person

Mary Richardson

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Good Afternoon,

First I want to say that I am A Correctional Officer at a male prison full time and An Aflac Agent part time.

I am dating this guy that I went to school with, his ex-wife is texting him all kinds of lies about me that are not true.

They have a little girl that is almost 7, that is also telling me things that her mother is saying about me.

She said that I hangout in the bars and show my boobs to everyone and that I got kicked out of the bars for showing my boobs, that I got caught having sex with a married man out in the parking lot by his sister. She has put on facebook that me and her ex had sex in front of her daughter. I had two officers from work tell me about that but before they could save it to show me she had taken it off. She sent me a note privately on facebook, when she found out that I was dating her ex, which I still have. I blocked her after that. Then she found me on facebook business page and sent me another message privately, which I saved. Me and her had a discussion that time, then I called Marion County Police Department about her harassing me, so they called her and told her to stop or we would press charges. She just recently called me a Whore to her ex. My boyfriend (her ex) has the text messages of the things that she has said about me. I just want to know what I can do about this, or if I have a case against her.

Good Afternoon,

First I want to say that I am A Correctional Officer at a male prison full time and An Aflac Agent part time.

I am dating this guy that I went to school with, his ex-wife is texting him all kinds of lies about me that are not true.

They have a little girl that is almost 7, that is also telling me things that her mother is saying about me.

She said that I hangout in the bars and show my boobs to everyone and that I got kicked out of the bars for showing my boobs, that I got caught having sex with a married man out in the parking lot by his sister. She has put on facebook that me and her ex had sex in front of her daughter. I had two officers from work tell me about that but before they could save it to show me she had taken it off. She sent me a note privately on facebook, when she found out that I was dating her ex, which I still have. I blocked her after that. Then she found me on facebook business page and sent me another message privately, which I saved. Me and her had a discussion that time, then I called Marion County Police Department about her harassing me, so they called her and told her to stop or we would press charges. She just recently called me a Whore to her ex. My boyfriend (her ex) has the text messages of the things that she has said about me. I just want to know what I can do about this, or if I have a case against her.

She's simply doing what you just did, expressing her opinion of you.
If you're smart, you'll keep doing what you started doing, IGNORING her.
Live your life without defending or explaining anything you've done, or will one day choose to do.
As long as what you do isn't illegal, it's your business, and you aren't required to explain.

That said, you're also involved with the criminal justice system.
You know that a criminal suspect isn't required to speak to law enforcement about any accusation that the police might make.
In fact, you know it's a bad move to try and explain why you didn't do what the police believe you've done.

So, stop thinking about this woman.
Stop reading any communications from her.
If someone wants to share gossip about anyone with you, excuse yourself and walk away.
If someone gossips about Myrtle with you, they'll gossip about you with Myrtle, too.

I am confused, its not about me, its about my boyfriend's ex-wife saying stuff about me that is not true.

Okay, and you came on here with your accusations against her.
What's confusing about IGNORING her?
What's confusing about walking away when someone brings you gossip about another person?
What's confusing about NOT explaining anything you choose to do?
You don't have to discuss your business with anyone.
You don't have to listen to others when they are gossiping about people.
Just live your life the way you want to live it.
The guy's not your husband, just a friend.
Last comment, the great guy or girl you're dating is that crazy girl or guy that their previous girlfriend or boyfriend is happy to have parted ways with, so relax.
You seem like a hard working person, just doing you, minding your business, living your life.
Don't let one or two idiots get you caught up in their "beef".

Unless there are others who are likely to see the messages, @army judge probably has the right approach. Bringing a case against her can be costly and your damages might be negligible unless many have seen them and the damage can be quantified. You can send complaints to online services to have her account suspended. (Take screen shots.) And you might want to contact her (in writing) that you will take action on any further activity, including requesting her social media accounts be closed as a result of terms of use violations (such as Acceptable Use Policies or "AUP" which you'll see at most sites.) I tend to find that people sober up when they find out they stand to lose their account with 500 Facebook Friends or 1,000 Twitter Followers.

I hope someone can help this case similar to mine people have the rights to judge but we are asking for help to resolve this issues good luck and hope ur can do something about her is not funny when people talk lies about ur self...i hope this web site help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 3
I hope someone can help this case similar to mine people have the rights to judge but we are asking for help to resolve this issues good luck and hope ur can do something about her is not funny when people talk lies about ur self...i hope this web site help.

No one is judging you, madam.
We're trying to help you.
Sometimes there are many things the law can do to help.
However, those times are far fewer than the times the law can't help.

Your dilemma happens to be one of those many times when what you read in the law looks promising, only to discover there's very little the law can do.
Or, even if the law can do something, your remedy is months away and you're required to spend $50,000 to seek it.

That's why you see many of us saying that its best to ignore her.
You know she's lying.
If you try to disprove it, that's where it becomes Impossible.
Why?
No one can prove a negative.

For example, if someone were to ask me, "When did you stop molesting hamsters?"
There's no way I can win if I play that game.

There's no way you can win if you play the game her way.
When you ignore her, you win.
When you start talking about lawsuits, it makes you look even weaker and even more guilty.

Just ignore.
Pretend she doesn't exist.
You'll be much happier.

And, don't allow anyone to use, abuse, or misuse you.
You have the key to your freedom.
Open the door and just walk away without looking back.
You don't owe anyone an explanation.

Back